My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikoLee

A successful eBay finds me with this . . . .

soon to be re released as I understand it

Miko

PR19_Kit

While trekking through Norwich (Yes, I have crossed the country from west to east since the start of the week....) I came across Langleys Models in the Royal Arcade, as you do. It's now a lot smaller than it used to be but has a wide range of kits on show, not just the mainstream stuff.

A Sword Gannet AEW3 found its way into my shopping basket, closely followed by a Special Hobby Spitfire F24 contra-prop version.  ;D

I thought I already an AEW3 but couldn't find it the other week, so that was a 'just in case' buy, and the F24 was because I just couldn't BELIEVE why a 1/72 Spitfire kit would need a box large enough for a B-25! It turns out it has no less than FIVE different rudders (!), SIXTEEN prop blades etc etc. Goodness knows what they're all for but it means there's lots of Whiff fodder available.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on April 19, 2024, 06:12:16 AMReceived from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Dragon 5008 Focke-Wulf Ta 152H-1

I saw that one but declined to bid due to lack of funds and bitter experience of getting it together.  The C is bad, but I think their H is even worse.

Be very careful with the wing fit of the top and bottom halves. 

Parcel from the Isle of Arran arrived this morning, containing Alistair's latest, the Hawker P.1103.  See thread elsewhere.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 20, 2024, 12:27:54 PM
Quote from: Gondor on April 19, 2024, 06:12:16 AMReceived from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Dragon 5008 Focke-Wulf Ta 152H-1

I saw that one but declined to bid due to lack of funds and bitter experience of getting it together.  The C is bad, but I think their H is even worse.

Be very careful with the wing fit of the top and bottom halves. 

Parcel from the Isle of Arran arrived this morning, containing Alistair's latest, the Hawker P.1103.  See thread elsewhere.

I am aware of that Lee so don't worry I will be very careful with this one. I do have another that I was going to donate the front to a C so I needed a second to do OOB as it were.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Not a kit, but I procured a set of anime eyes decals for a planned character figure project that I am currently pre-working on (which also involves AI-generated art as inspiration!). I feel that I need a mental distraction from the "usual" stuff I build, and those decals are an experiment that might be tried out if the set actually contains a pair pf eyes in the right size, shape and color (what it is supposed to do). We'll see.

Dizzyfugu

...and a kit purchase, a Trumpeter 1:72 E-75 tank. Recently came across an 1:35 resin set for upgraded turret armor for this Heer '46 type, and I might try a similar stunt, just in the smaller scale and freely sculpted extra armor made from 2C putty. We'll see, will at least grow The Stash.

Gondor

Just received

1 x 1/35 Takom 2155 VT 1-2

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Another day and another delivery from eBay

1 x 1/72 IsraDecal IAF-10 IAF Helicopters Yellow Vs includeing some in 1/48 but bought for the 1/72 .

1 x 1/72 IsraDecal IAF-11 Israeli Air Force Helicopters

Gondor

zenrat

A parcel from Poland containing a resin Pig and Motorcycle rider has entered the country.
Should get to me this week.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Another item from eBay arrived today

1 x 1/72 Master AM-72-137 Do 335 B-2 Detail set

From Models for Sale

1 x 1/72 Alley Cat ALMOAO72031 Hawker Hunter Engine Intake set

1 x 1/72 Alley Cat ALMOAO72037 Vitern Recce Pod for 1st Gen Harrier

1 x 1/72 Alley Cat ALMOAO72038 Lightning Mk50 Recce Pack

Gondor

Wardukw

From the mail man today a lovely little Hobbyboss 35th scale LAV -150 APC with a 90mm Mecar gun ..I have plans for the turret and other plans for everything else  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

A Matchbox 1:72 Gloster Gladiator kit is about to change stashes...  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Received today from Puzzle Craft Ltd via eBay

1 x 1/35 Takom 2140 M103A2

And from Hannants

Gondor

NARSES2

The Scout and Wasp have already sold out at Hannants, way to fiddly for me nowadays I'm afraid.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 25, 2024, 01:16:58 AMThe Scout and Wasp have already sold out at Hannants, way to fiddly for me nowadays I'm afraid.

There is a guy on Britmodeller that is 3D printing one in 1/24 scale. Still probably going to be too fiddly for you as it is getting all the bells and whistles, that includes all the plumbing for the engine etc.

Gondor