My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Well, my latest order from Hannants has managed to find itself in Nashua in the USA, via Melbourne where it was received by Australia Post (actually, AustPost tracking started in Langley HWDC in the UK), who decided to lose it in their system & send it on to the USA.

Not overly happy to their response when I asked where it was after I got the "Something's gone wrong at our end. Please try again later." message on my tracking app, nor once I found where it was heading using the Royal Mail app.

This morning I received an email & the tracking app briefly showed it in Melbourne but the "Something's gone wrong at our end. Please try again later." message has returned this evening.

My generally positive view of Australia Post has now been soured, somewhat.

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Bugger, that's not good.
Ring 13 13 18 and lodge a missing parcel request with Aus Post customer services.

Did it actually enter the country?  or did it get bounced off to the states before it cleared inbound customs?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

I got this.

20240427_160457 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on April 29, 2024, 03:36:00 AMBugger, that's not good.
Ring 13 13 18 and lodge a missing parcel request with Aus Post customer services.

Did it actually enter the country?  or did it get bounced off to the states before it cleared inbound customs?

App is talking to me again! Not showing the deviation but is now saying "In transit to next facility in ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA" with an "EXPECTED ARRIVAL  Wed 1 – Mon 6 May".

I'll give them until the 6th.

After that the Wrath of the Wombat may descend harshly upon them!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Hobbyboss 87208 Mi-8MT/Mi-17 Hip-H

1 x 1/35 Dragon 3550 MBT-70 (Kpz.70)

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

a small resin order.
1:35 chieftain dozer blade and power box from accurate armour
1:35  165mm demo gun ammo as well
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Dizzyfugu

A Heller Saab J21, as a donor bank for a vague kitbashing project in the (far?) future,

The Chaos

New at my stash.
For a very god value of mony from a frind.

Mossie

Out of all of those I spied the Mark IV, looking forward to seeing what you've got planned for it . :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Amodel 7258 Yak-38U

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Got this today from a city Hobby Shop.

It's a kit i've wanted for years.  But original issue (1980) Aquarods go for stupid money I was not prepared to pay.
I'm glad it's been reissued and those still trying to sell the old ones can now suffer in their jocks.
My car modelling buddy Rob, who died far too young in 2016, would have loved to have seen this one back.
A quick look in the box reveals they may have tweaked the moulds as the van kit has much better gutter detail than the last reissue I bought new (Dirty Donny Vantasy - 2012).
Fred

Mossie

Hmm.  Just been watching Stranger Things season 1, tempted to find one and build it in Hawkins Power and Light livery...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 30, 2024, 05:05:29 AM.............. the last reissue I bought new (Dirty Donny Vantasy - 2012).

I've got that one, or an original AMT one anyway, but I got it in the 90s sometime. Not even sure I've opened the box yet.........

The Aquarod Race Team kit looks VERY good, and I'm tempted just for the sake of the boat!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

I really shouldn't have, but as we're going to Greece for a baptism (oh, yes; cloister, bearded monks and all!) at the end of June, this just couldn't be missed out on. And I have two French versions already in the StashTm, so I know they're good. The weapons sprue is REALLY good and probably worth the entire price I gave, btw.

EBay find, needless to say.

You cannot view this attachment.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!