My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The Spiteful F.16 had the same Seafang deep cowling.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

In the mail is my first ever and probably last 1/48th Tamiya Heinkel He-219 A7 Owl .
So freaking happy to finally have one  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 06, 2024, 10:56:45 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 06, 2024, 09:08:06 AMJust picked these up at the local gas station where i asked the courier to drop them off. The Corsair will be converted to become a real world A-7P and the Seafang may become a land based machine but it's still to be decided... :mellow:

And in 1/48, too! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Yup, quickly became my favorite scale, although i can't afford to have many more in 48th or even in 1/72, for that matter...  :banghead:
Most are a bit more expensive but my main problem isn't even the price of kits and aftermarket cause quite a few modern 1/72 kits are more expensive than a lot of 48th kits. The problem is that i'd need a hangar to display all the models i'd love to build in 1/48... and i'm beginning to wonder how i'll be able to display the 90 i have now in my house, along with all the192 1/72nd kits. :-\

Quote from: Accidental Loggie on May 06, 2024, 02:29:16 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 06, 2024, 09:08:06 AM.... the Seafang may become a land based machine but it's still to be decided...

So would that just be a "Fang" then?  :wacko:

;D Would make sense and also sounds good to me. :thumbsup:   
What i truly meant was that i want the Seafang fuselage and contra-prop with Spiteful's wings and tail so i'll have to eliminate the arresting hook and folding wings. No changes to the landing gear and wheels as the sprue seems to be the same for both Trumpeter Spiteful and Seafang kits. I believe that the gear and wheels were different on the real Seafang but apparently, Trumpeter didn't include those differences so, no big deal for a land based variant. ;)

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 06, 2024, 02:55:13 PMThe Spiteful F.16 had the same Seafang deep cowling.

Exactly why i wanted this kit, Lee.  :thumbsup: Truth is, i've found some contradictory info re the F.16 and also about the previous F.15 that supposedly became the F.31 prototype. Ed Nash from Youtube says it there are no known photos of the F.15 but then there's a photo of the navalized prototype, serial RB520, small radiator intake under the chin ala F.14, 5 blade prop and the stinger-type arresting hook, no folding wings.  :unsure:
There's one photo of RB518, which, according to key Aero magazine, was the only F.16 ever built and the photo i've seen it has an intake that begins almost half way down the chin - https://fullfatthings-keyaero.b-cdn.net/sites/keyaero/files/styles/jumbo/public/woodwing/2023-01/150136.jpeg?itok=eRHl3GiQ

Anyway, we'll see where it gets to when i build it. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 03, 2024, 01:57:09 AM1 x MiniArt 1/35 U.S. Army G7105 4'...4 1,5 t Panel Delivery Truck (MT35405) - Not sure if I'll do it military or civilian, we'll see when it happens.

I like the US Navy option... something different from Olive Drab. Even the French option is still OD.

There again, Freds' idea of a Retro Mystery Machine is interesting. Go on then Fred - you know you want to!
Pity there's no 1/35 Volvo Sugga, that would be something a bit different as the MM...

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on May 06, 2024, 05:29:41 PMIn the mail is my first ever and probably last 1/48th Tamiya Heinkel He-219 A7 Owl .

I bet the postman isn't, probably needs to see the osteopath over their back now  ;)  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 06, 2024, 09:43:56 PM1/72 kits are more expensive than a lot of 48th kits.

Yup, something I've noticed as well, just shows you that the major cost is in the pre-production phases rather than materials and production etc, although without access to figures I can't prove that, and I won't even get into the "well you've recovered your development costs now, shouldn't the price go down" argument   :angel: .

The one I struggle a little with if I'm honest is the disparity in price between say a new state of the art Eduard tooling and the equivalent Airfix ? However I've got to the age where I work on the basis of "if I want it I'll pay for it, unless someone is taking the pee", which a trader was on Saturday.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2024, 11:44:23 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 06, 2024, 05:29:41 PMIn the mail is my first ever and probably last 1/48th Tamiya Heinkel He-219 A7 Owl .

I bet the postman isn't, probably needs to see the osteopath over their back now  ;)  ;D
With the health service we have here in the Waikato that dude is screwed  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2024, 11:52:38 PMHowever I've got to the age where I work on the basis of "if I want it I'll pay for it, unless someone is taking the pee", which a trader was on Saturday.

I agree 100% with that comment despite what some people may say about what I will pay for some kits, if they are not readily available then I may pay more. An example being the C-5A I got at Perth.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

I have received, from High Planes Models in Singapore, Two sets of 1/72 3d printed SUU-11 gun pods by HPM and one set of 1/72 resin Vietnam Helicopter Crew by PJ productions (no risk to my postie there).

The chopper crew has a minigunner but not a weapon for him to grip.  BNA have a 1/72 brass and resin minigun but would it drive me insane trying to build it?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Gondor on May 07, 2024, 03:44:33 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2024, 11:52:38 PMHowever I've got to the age where I work on the basis of "if I want it I'll pay for it, unless someone is taking the pee", which a trader was on Saturday.

I agree 100% with that comment despite what some people may say about what I will pay for some kits, if they are not readily available then I may pay more. An example being the C-5A I got at Perth.

Gondor

Exactly what i thought with some of mine, Monogram F-16XL and Blue Thunder kits come to mind right away. It's our money, we do what we want with it. Some things are worthless to me but are worth a lot of money to others so, to each his own. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on May 07, 2024, 03:49:59 AMThe chopper crew has a minigunner but not a weapon for him to grip.  BNA have a 1/72 brass and resin minigun but would it drive me insane trying to build it?

One way to find out  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2024, 11:52:38 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 06, 2024, 09:43:56 PM1/72 kits are more expensive than a lot of 48th kits.

Yup, something I've noticed as well, just shows you that the major cost is in the pre-production phases rather than materials and production etc, although without access to figures I can't prove that, and I won't even get into the "well you've recovered your development costs now, shouldn't the price go down" argument   :angel: .

The one I struggle a little with if I'm honest is the disparity in price between say a new state of the art Eduard tooling and the equivalent Airfix ? However I've got to the age where I work on the basis of "if I want it I'll pay for it, unless someone is taking the pee", which a trader was on Saturday.

It's delving into the philosophy and economics of making plastic kits a bit, but my theory that there's a conspiracy amongst the manufacturers and magazine reviewers here holds good.

It says that they wanted us to all switch to 1/48 because they could charge more for the same amount of research, and only a little more expense on the tooling and raw styrene costs. But then the died-in-the-wool 1/72 modellers (like me....) said 'Stuff you!' and carried on buying 1/72 scale stuff. So the greedy manufacturers, thinking we'd all got used to the high prices of 1/48 stuff by then, cranked up the price of the 1/72 kits to match them!

Yeah well, it's my theory and I'm sticking to it.  ;D  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received from the BIG yellow H today,

1 x 1/72 eduard SS704 Wellington GR Mk.VIII
1 x 1/72 eduard SS766 Wellington Mk.II of which the parts look identical to the above  :unsure:
2 x 1/72 eduard SS687 Lancaster B Mk.1/B Mk.III

Some of these were on backorder and now they have arrived I'm informed that another item on my backorder list is now in stock  :banghead:  :banghead:

Gondor

The Rat

Hobby Boss F84E, because you can't pass it up at $13 CDN

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Charlie_c67

"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."