My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Insomnia strikes again bought from eBay;
10 x small tubes of super glue
A secondhand 1/72 Frog Avro Shackleton MR.3 with a few of the propellers broken.
I won the Falcon Triple Conversion set for the Lockheed AP-2H Neptune,  Grumman E-1 Tracer and the camera pack nose for the Airfix Panther. I've bought this set before but never at £2 plus P & P.

Rick Lowe

Interesting to see the old, original Falcon stuff is still doing the rounds. Tore will be happy.

There again, I still have a couple of Mistel noses and an MB5 in the 'one day' pile...

zenrat

From BNA.

1/35 Sagged Wheel set for Tamiya Jeeps.

1/72 Minigun by Mini World.

1/35 30's-40's Civilian Drivers by MniArt.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 13, 2024, 04:56:00 AM1/72 Minigun by Mini World.

Oooooh, does that come already assembled as in the pic, or do you have to build it from a zillion tiny  parts?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 13, 2024, 05:32:05 AM

Oooooh, does that come already assembled as in the pic, or do you have to build it from a zillion tiny  parts?

Tiny parts.  Resin, brass, photoetch, wire...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 13, 2024, 04:56:00 AM1/35 30's-40's Civilian Drivers by MniArt.

Straight of the Commune....Za Rodina !  ;)

Quote from: zenrat on May 13, 2024, 05:43:45 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 13, 2024, 05:32:05 AMOooooh, does that come already assembled as in the pic, or do you have to build it from a zillion tiny  parts?

Your a braver man than I Gunga Din  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

expected delivery immentent for:

-Trumpeter 1/144 Rafale-C
-Trumpeter 1/144 Rafale-B
-Trumpeter 1/144 F-84F-40 Sabre
-Flevo Decals 1/144 ML-KNIL 1942-1947
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 13, 2024, 05:52:19 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 13, 2024, 04:56:00 AM1/35 30's-40's Civilian Drivers by MniArt.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 13, 2024, 05:32:05 AMOooooh, does that come already assembled as in the pic, or do you have to build it from a zillion tiny  parts?

Yeah, wot 'E said...

The drivers set looks good.
And the crouching lady has more of a Brit Land Girl vibe to me... but what is she doing? Not brewing tea, but other than that...??

Gondor

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 13, 2024, 10:24:25 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 13, 2024, 05:52:19 AM

Yeah, wot 'E said...

The drivers set looks good.
And the crouching lady has more of a Brit Land Girl vibe to me... but what is she doing? Not brewing tea, but other than that...??

Looks to me as if she is priming a lamp or blowtorch

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 13, 2024, 10:24:25 PMThe drivers set looks good.

Your right, she's definitely more Brit or US looking. I think she'd look good in a WWII factory setting.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Three of them could almost work in any era or post-apocalypse setting basically unchanged, the old guy might need minor tweaks to be made to fit different eras but it's doable.

Not a bad set, I'll keep an eye out for them locally.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jcf

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 12, 2024, 10:26:13 PMInteresting to see the old, original Falcon stuff is still doing the rounds. Tore will be happy.

There again, I still have a couple of Mistel noses and an MB5 in the 'one day' pile...
Jays in NZ is producing the Falcon line:
Jays Hobby Falcon

Wardukw

I picked up my Tamiya F-35 A today but before that I stopped at my FLHS and lads that was as it turned out a brilliant idea . ;D
An aircraft ive wanted for yrs I'd a 48th scale Wyvern ..contra-props  ..what can I say  :thumbsup:
Now these are not what you'd call common here and when you do the price is quite ouchy ..so I'd put it on the back burner for that "ya never know" moment 😏
Now ive got 2 of em  ;D  ;D  :wub:
Two 48th Trumpeter Wyverns ..an early and late version  :thumbsup:
Plus a 48th Italeri SH-60B Seahawk ..it's been started slightly..has 3 sheets of decals..all wrong  :lol: and it was 15 notes  :thumbsup:
Aldo scored a mixed pile of wheels for model cars and the like ..I think there's some under there Fred will like 🤔  ;D
A weird one is this pile of magazines in sealed bags with parts to build a very large Lancaster.
There's 29 of em in total but there's a ton more going by the numbers on the mags ..ice got em up to No87 ..there's parts in the bags ..brass..copper..white metal and wood .
Some useful bits for wiffy work 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

IIRC, there are "complete" resin miniguns from Quickboost for an Ac-47 upgrade...  ;)

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 15, 2024, 12:50:28 AM

IIRC, there are "complete" resin miniguns from Quickboost for an Ac-47 upgrade...  ;)

The Quickboost ones look like the ones from the old Airfix AC-47, literally a gun pod without the front cover. So no handles or ammunition belts.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....