Received from the BIG yellow H today

1 x 1/72 Airfix A08013A Avro Lancaster B.I/III to be converted
1 x 1/72 eduard SS687  Avro Lancaster B.I/III Interior
1 x 1/72 Airwaves AEC72135 Gloster Javelin FAW 9/9R interior etch set
2 x 1/72 Master AM-72-079 Gloster Javelin Pitot Tubes
3 tins of various Xtracolour paint
3 Botels of various Tamiya paint

From eBay

1 x 1/72 Blackbird BMA72010 Avro Lancastrian conversion set for the above Lancaster

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Received today from Colin of Freightdog

1 x 1/72 Swift FR.5 belly tank
1 x 1/72 FSD72017 FAR SEAC Insignia

From Rails of Sheffield

1 x 15ml enamel RAI-422 Concrete
1 x 15ml enamel RAI-425 New Stone
1 x 15ml enamel RAI-426 Weathered Stone

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 01, 2024, 05:46:29 AMExcellent haul, Chaos! :thumbsup:

I have the same Revell-Monogram B-25J in my stash (mine looks to be the 1999 Revell boxing) which, given my recent purchase of the HK 1/48 B-25J, is likely to end up as a "B-27K", which is a later version of my 1/72 scale B-27A;

Nice.  :thumbsup:
A Boeing-Stearman X-100/XA-21 vibe.  

Charlie_c67

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 26, 2024, 02:32:08 PM
Quote from: Charlie_c67 on May 25, 2024, 02:51:31 PMSo this week I've received a:
-Ventura Spitfire Mk.18,been looking for one for a whilean

It's got a superb outline but it is somewhat lacking in detail.  Product of it's time and a different mentality.

If you get an Eduard Mk IX, that should give you a lot of the little detail bits that should upgrade the Ventura kit (tailwheel and doors, main gear doors, cockpit bulkheads and instrument panel, plus gun barrels.). IIRC the decals are poor but that option is on a Freightdog sheet.

Cheers, will keep that in mind.

AZ Kittyhawk Ia has arrived so I should be able to do an example of each type used by the Uk and commonwealth  ;D
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

Old Wombat

Quote from: jcf on June 03, 2024, 01:43:35 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 01, 2024, 05:46:29 AMExcellent haul, Chaos! :thumbsup:

I have the same Revell-Monogram B-25J in my stash (mine looks to be the 1999 Revell boxing) which, given my recent purchase of the HK 1/48 B-25J, is likely to end up as a "B-27K", which is a later version of my 1/72 scale B-27A;

Nice.  :thumbsup:
A Boeing-Stearman X-100/XA-21 vibe. 

Thanks, Jon! :bow:

It does, doesn't it! :mellow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

My Renwal 8in Self-Propelled Howitzer came in the mail yesterday and yep ..opened it up straight away and it's got the base I needed to be able to build a vehicle I've wanted for yrs.
The monster T162 175mm SPG ...now to hunt down a 175mm gun barrel 🤔
I'll replace all of the running gear from a M103 heavy tank as the kit parts are ..well crap ..it's gonna be a wiff so why not  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on June 04, 2024, 12:32:26 PMMy Renwal 8in Self-Propelled Howitzer came in the mail yesterday and yep ..opened it up straight away and it's got the base I needed to be able to build a vehicle I've wanted for yrs.
I'll replace all of the running gear from a M103 heavy tank as the kit parts are ..well crap ..it's gonna be a wiff so why not  ;D

8in is 200mm give or take.  So you are making the gun smaller, yes?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Couple of bits and bob's at the Northern show Sunday.

AZ Gloster Gauntlet
Frog Car Door Typhoon with some Aeroclub white metall bits
Eduard Me 109 E sprues.

All 1/72 and all from the Wookster  :thumbsup:

Also got some very fine grade (1200 & 1500) from Mr Models. They support shows all over the country and I always like to buy the odd bit from them (usually paint) as a "thankyou".

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on June 05, 2024, 05:10:47 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 04, 2024, 12:32:26 PMMy Renwal 8in Self-Propelled Howitzer came in the mail yesterday and yep ..opened it up straight away and it's got the base I needed to be able to build a vehicle I've wanted for yrs.

8in is 200mm give or take.  So you are making the gun smaller, yes?

Yeah  ;D
8in is 203mm and yep 175mm is smaller but it's also got a longer range but most importantly..a very long barrel 😁
I did some hunting yesterday for a AM 175mm gun barrel ..Barrel Depot make one ..can I get one ? ..the only one I found was on ebay..I think in Poland..no help there ..do might just to scratch build one .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on June 05, 2024, 11:21:11 AM8in is 203mm and yep 175mm is smaller but it's also got a longer range but most importantly..a very long barrel 😁

I think that the T162's barrel length can be reasonably described as ridiculous  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 06, 2024, 12:22:11 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 05, 2024, 11:21:11 AM8in is 203mm and yep 175mm is smaller but it's also got a longer range but most importantly..a very long barrel 😁

I think that the T162's barrel length can be reasonably described as ridiculous  ;)
Yeah it's brilliant ain't it 😀 😄 👏
I've got a few pics of the T162 and when you see the side profile the barrel lenght looks just right ✅️  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on June 06, 2024, 12:24:47 AM

I've got a few pics of the T162 and when you see the side profile the barrel lenght looks just right ✅️  ;D

Right for what ? one might ask  ;D

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 06, 2024, 12:34:55 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 06, 2024, 12:24:47 AM

Right for what ? one might ask  ;D

The Long-Distance Poking Device, as featured on an episode of 'Friends'... oops, let that cat out of the bag; yes I used to watch it... only for Jennifer and Courtney, I hasten to add!!

Phill, you could try looking for something in a larger scale but smaller calibre, if that makes any sense - something like a 1/16 90-100mm gun, maybe?
Though it might not have quite the taper you need.
What about a section of car aerial? One of the telescoping sections may be right.
Or a section of fishing rod?

zenrat

So you are thinking length is better than girth?
 :wacko:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2024, 05:47:26 AMSo you are thinking length is better than girth?

Depends on what you want;

Greater length gives a higher velocity
Greater girth gives a larger payload

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est