My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 06, 2024, 01:32:49 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 06, 2024, 12:34:55 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 06, 2024, 12:24:47 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 06, 2024, 12:22:11 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 05, 2024, 11:21:11 AM8in is 203mm and yep 175mm is smaller but it's also got a longer range but most importantly..a very long barrel 😁

I think that the T162's barrel length can be reasonably described as ridiculous  ;)
Yeah it's brilliant ain't it 😀 😄 👏
I've got a few pics of the T162 and when you see the side profile the barrel lenght looks just right ✅️  ;D

Right for what ? one might ask  ;D

The Long-Distance Poking Device, as featured on an episode of 'Friends'... oops, let that cat out of the bag; yes I used to watch it... only for Jennifer and Courtney, I hasten to add!!

Phill, you could try looking for something in a larger scale but smaller calibre, if that makes any sense - something like a 1/16 90-100mm gun, maybe?
Though it might not have quite the taper you need.
What about a section of car aerial? One of the telescoping sections may be right.
Or a section of fishing rod?

Hey mate 😀....I remember the Joey built long range poking device 😆
I've been mulling over different ideas for the barrel and quite a few ideas have been thought of.
Even thought of getting a 72nd K5 280mm rail gun model just for its gun..their relatively cheap at $55 ..but without any measurements of the guns diameter it could be useless.
The fishing rod is another idea (great minds 😉) and I've got loads of those to play with..the problem is the taper of the tube ..it's either far to little or far to much which makes the barrel to large 🤔 😬
So far all these ideas were smashed and bashed together I ended up back with my second idea...plastic styrene tubing..I'd did notice that the barrel on the T162 has alot less taper than the M107s barrel ..which is a newer one of course..so that's made life easier to.
Also cheating will be used if need be  :wacko:

Next will be lenght .. :wacko:
Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2024, 05:47:26 AMSo you are thinking length is better than girth?
 :wacko:
Definitely matey 👍
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 06, 2024, 09:08:49 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2024, 05:47:26 AMSo you are thinking length is better than girth?

Depends on what you want;

Greater length gives a higher velocity
Greater girth gives a larger payload

Definitely in both cases 😆 🤣
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Mossie

Special Hobby 1/72 Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF.14.
Special Hobby 1/72 RAF postwar armament, RP.3 rockets and 500lb bombs x2
Slater assorted plastic strips.
S&M Models 1/144 Beverley Silver City decals.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on June 06, 2024, 11:47:03 AMS&M Models 1/144 Beverley Silver City decals.

Oh yeah, nearly as good as Court Line.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I hadn't realised Mel had done them, so I snapped them up.  My only gripe is they don't have tail markings, no G- registration or the ensign Silver City carried at that time.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Yeah, but G-BEVE would work, eh?  ;D

And do you mean this one?

I've got that saved in my prospective decals file and could print some off if you like?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Mossie

It has wing registration codes for G-BGAL which I guess is taken from Blackburn General Aircraft Ltd. Strictly speaking it would be a Universal II, but G-BEVE would be good, or G-BEVV.

The ensign on mid-fifties aircraft was different. It was a dark blue cross (possibly with a white outline) on a paler blue background with the union jack in the 1st quarter, like a naval ensign (although in the link below it seems to be mirrored). I can probably get away without it, the Super Freighter fleet had quite variable liveries and not of them all carried it. But thanks for the offer.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Just received direct from Grand Models

1 x 1/72 GRand models GM-72010 Aermacchi M-346

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

seadude

Well, the model club auction I went to today wasn't that great for various reasons. :(
But I did manage to come away with 3 kits, and I only spent a TOTAL of $10 for all of them. :)
I'll use the cheap AH-64 Apache kit for the police helicopter  whif Idea I originally had.
As for the SR-71, that's for a what if STAR TREK idea. ;)
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

kerick

A Star Trek SR-71 is something I would love to see!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

PR19_Kit

$10? That's a STEAL for those three!, Nice one.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

seadude

Quote from: kerick on June 08, 2024, 08:26:47 PMA Star Trek SR-71 is something I would love to see!
Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 08, 2024, 11:56:02 PMYeah, sounds intriguing.

It's for this proposed model project here. But it'll be a very long time before I build it.
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=44125.0
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 09, 2024, 12:55:47 AM$10? That's a STEAL for those three!, Nice one.  :thumbsup:

Deserves a sub-topic: My stash just grew again 2024 > Larceny!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

Quote from: The Rat on June 09, 2024, 01:02:30 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 09, 2024, 12:55:47 AM$10? That's a STEAL for those three!, Nice one.  :thumbsup:

Deserves a sub-topic: My stash just grew again 2024 > Larceny!  ;D
Some of the deals I've gotten this yr would definitely fall into that category  ;D  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

I'm waiting for NIMCON this Saturday to look for deals. I don't need anything we know how that goes!!!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise