My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Delivered today, a PJ productions 1/48 Rafale pilot and kit i've bought with no intentions of building as is. This will donate it's Fenestron tail rotor for a new AH-1Z Viper variant, which is the evolution of the W i've built.
The rest of the kit... i do have some ideas which may turn it into a sci-fi machine... :mellow:

You cannot view this attachment.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 11, 2024, 09:46:47 PM. i do have some ideas which may turn it into a sci-fi machine... :mellow:

A Troop Carrier Hopper from the Rogue Trooper comic?
The cockpit and engines are in the right place, you just need to make an open-sided rear box and add some wings.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 11, 2024, 10:17:05 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 11, 2024, 09:46:47 PM. i do have some ideas which may turn it into a sci-fi machine... :mellow:

A Troop Carrier Hopper from the Rogue Trooper comic?
The cockpit and engines are in the right place, you just need to make an open-sided rear box and add some wings.  :thumbsup:

Not really what i had in mind but it is an interesting idea, will save for later decision.  :thumbsup:
I was thinking more of a gunship with bigger engines, maybe in independent pods, and laser cannons and stuff...  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

On their way from BNA Model World;

1 x Gecko Models 1/35 WWII British Army Open Cab 30-cwt 4x2 GS Truck (GEC-35GM0071) - For a mid-30's RAM's diorama including this truck, my Vickers Medium Mk.III & a RR Armoured Car (1920's pattern)
1 x Airfix Models 1/35 WWII British Army 30-cwt 4x2 GS Truck (AX01380) - Same truck as above but with an enclosed cab, for something that will come to me later
1 x Reality In Scale 1/35 Food Supplies Vol.5 [2 resin pcs. and decals] (RIS-35236) - To go on my Thunder Models 1/35 LRDG F30 Patrol Truck CMP (TDM-35304) Outback Track diorama
1 x Black Dog 1/35 WWII Universal Boxes Accessories set (BD-T35245) - To go on my Thunder Models 1/35 LRDG F30 Patrol Truck CMP (TDM-35304) Outback Track diorama
1 x Eureka XXL 1/35 Wooden Barrels (EUX-E-009) - To go on my Thunder Models 1/35 LRDG F30 Patrol Truck CMP (TDM-35304) Outback Track diorama
1 x Hauler 1/35 Fuel Barrels (HAU-HLU35083) - To go on my Thunder Models 1/35 LRDG F30 Patrol Truck CMP (TDM-35304) Outback Track diorama
1 x Bronco Models 1/35 British Recce and Signals Light Truck [2 kits] w/Crews [5 figures] (CB35218) - Reduced from AU$74.95 to AU$53.95 then down to AU$29.95, it was another of those "How could I not?" buys that BNA are throwing at me lately

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Nick

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 12, 2024, 08:55:37 AMOn their way from BNA Model World;

1 x Bronco Models 1/35 British Recce and Signals Light Truck [2 kits] w/Crews [5 figures] (CB35218) - Reduced from AU$74.95 to AU$53.95 then down to AU$29.95, it was another of those "How could I not?" buys that BNA are throwing at me lately

But it's not a Jeep. Or a GP or GPW or BM. Not by Willys nor Ford nor Bantam either.... It just happens to look like one  ;D

Old Wombat

Oh, no! Absolutely NOT airborne modified jeeps, in any form or manner! Nope! Never! :o

:angel:  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Brought two models from trademe on Wednesday which are on their way from Australia.
Hobbyboss 1:35 Soviet Su-122-54 Tank Destroyer
And a
Hobbyboss 1:35 Chinese Zbd-04 IFV...both offered at much lower prices than normal...also picked up my Doyusha 1/48 B25-B Mitchell "Doolittle Raid" model which I brought 3 weeks ago..seller was overseas which was all good as he did have that mentioned in the listing.
The only price I could find for this was $119.90 Canadian..so the $45NZ I payed was pretty good 👍 😅
I also grabbed some Evergreen styrene tubing for Renwall 8in SPG barrel..4 packets are needed to be able to make it ..11.1..9.5mm ..8.7 and 7.9 mm 😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 11, 2024, 10:17:05 PMA Troop Carrier Hopper from the Rogue Trooper comic?

The Revell RAH-66 Commanche is good for that. The cockpits and canopy aren't overly stepped, just like the Cobra-inspired ones in the comic, and the angles of the sides could be 'reflected' to make the V-section cargo/passenger bay blend in. Add some Seasprite main gear, a generic nose gear, and the ventral turret of your choice and you're good to go.

Slowly acquiring the bits for it you say? Qui moi?  :angel:  ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Went to Hobbycraft this morning, humming a Hawkwind song because I was "In Search Of Sprays"*, and somehow two Mistercraft/KP XFY-1 Pogos were so impressed by my musical taste that they followed me home. Also acquired was some Plasticote Pewter spray paint (Humbrol being utterly unavailable locally, except by order).

Meanwhile, the sole LHS left standing (SMTF in Brookside Garden Centre, Poynton) supplied two tims each of Humbrol Gunmetal and Matt Black, and their last tin of Aluminium.

*I'll be very disappointed if at least one person on here doesn't get that...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on June 13, 2024, 06:01:07 AMWent to Hobbycraft this morning, humming a Hawkwind song because I was "In Search Of Sprays"*,
*I'll be very disappointed if at least one person on here doesn't get that...

:thumbsup:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Received a small order from the BIG yellow H today.

1 x 1/72 26 Decals STS7222 Raspberry Ripple Jets Pt 2
1 x 1/72 LF Models CM7213 Masks for the Scout/Wasp
1 x 14ml Xtracolor X814 Deep Bronze Green
1 x 14ml Xtracolor X815 British Army Mid Bronze Green

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on June 13, 2024, 06:01:07 AM...................and somehow two Mistercraft/KP XFY-1 Pogos were so impressed by my musical taste that they followed me home.

Terrible, isn't it? You can't trust ANY kits these days.

Ah, just realised what I'd typed then.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Further arrivals this afternoon

From eBay

1 x 1/72 MPM Productions 72574 Gloster Meteor Trent "First Turboprop Fighter"

From Fantasy Printshop

1 x 1/72 Euro Decals ED-72116 Gloster Meteor FR. Mk.9 decals

From Wildcat's Models

1 x 1/35 Panzer Art RE35-081 Road Wheels for MBT "Centurion"

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 13, 2024, 07:52:59 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 13, 2024, 06:01:07 AM...................and somehow two Mistercraft/KP XFY-1 Pogos were so impressed by my musical taste that they followed me home.

Terrible, isn't it? You can't trust ANY kits these days.

Ah, just realised what I'd typed then.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Well you can't trust these two that much, because although the instructions' illustrations are indeed for the Pogo, all the historical blurb on them is for the MiG-29 Fulcrum... ;D

- Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Weaver on June 13, 2024, 05:54:49 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 11, 2024, 10:17:05 PMA Troop Carrier Hopper from the Rogue Trooper comic?

The Revell RAH-66 Commanche is good for that. The cockpits and canopy aren't overly stepped, just like the Cobra-inspired ones in the comic, and the angles of the sides could be 'reflected' to make the V-section cargo/passenger bay blend in. Add some Seasprite main gear, a generic nose gear, and the ventral turret of your choice and you're good to go.

Slowly acquiring the bits for it you say? Qui moi?  :angel:  ;)

Hmmm, a Comanche, you say? I just so happen to have the remains of one that I acquired form a Friend's estate... not sure whether I'll keep it as a tribute (though I have plenty of other stuff for that...) or repurpose it for said hopper... decisions...

Womby, if you happened to acquire the Airfix Katy Ambulance, you could always turn it into a NAAFI truck... just saying...  ;)