My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Leading Observer

2 x Lonewulf Models !/72 Hawker P.1124 rocket powered target aircraft proposed for use by Hawker Hunters
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Leading Observer on June 15, 2024, 04:23:20 AM2 x Lonewulf Models !/72 Hawker P.1124 rocket powered target aircraft proposed for use by Hawker Hunters

Cooer, I've never heard of them before, what a mean looking device! I can see those hung under all sorts of aircraft, pretending to to be something a lot more lethal!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 15, 2024, 06:15:06 AM
Quote from: Leading Observer on June 15, 2024, 04:23:20 AM2 x Lonewulf Models !/72 Hawker P.1124 rocket powered target aircraft proposed for use by Hawker Hunters

Cooer, I've never heard of them before, what a mean looking device! I can see those hung under all sorts of aircraft, pretending to to be something a lot more lethal!

I think I can safely say that they won't be hanging off a Hunter :mellow:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on June 13, 2024, 09:43:01 AM1 x 1/72 MPM Productions 72574 Gloster Meteor Trent "First Turboprop Fighter"

Gondor

It's a nice kit, builds well. I did mine as a FAA torpedo fighter, on the basis that it won out to the early piston engined Wyvrens in a competition.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 15, 2024, 06:31:31 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 13, 2024, 09:43:01 AM1 x 1/72 MPM Productions 72574 Gloster Meteor Trent "First Turboprop Fighter"

Gondor

It's a nice kit, builds well. I did mine as a FAA torpedo fighter, on the basis that it won out to the early piston engined Wyvrens in a competition.

No idea what I am going to do with it yet. It was available and its hard to find so I got it while I had the chance.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

seadude

Went to the NIMCON 12 model contest today in McHenry, Illinois. I didn't buy much as I'm saving as much money as I can for the IPMS Nationals next month.
But what I did come away with from Nimcon is the following.
Scored a 1/400 scale Russian sub for $5. It was originally $8.  ;D
Scored two free decal sheets. Yes, it was FREE!  ;D  ;D  ;D  Picture of what they look like is below.
Somebody was handing out free decal sheets. But they were all the same type/style as what is shown below.
If it's free, never pass up a good thing. ;)
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Wardukw

Quote from: seadude on June 15, 2024, 06:36:38 PMWent to the NIMCON 12 model contest today in McHenry, Illinois. I didn't buy much as I'm saving as much money as I can for the IPMS Nationals next month.
Scored two free decal sheets. Yes, it was FREE!  ;D  ;D  ;D  Picture of what they look like is below.
Somebody was handing out free decal sheets. But they were all the same type/style as what is shown below.

That's a very nice looking sheet of decals ...wonder if they got permission to bring the Australian decals 🤔
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on June 15, 2024, 09:57:41 PM
Quote from: seadude on June 15, 2024, 06:36:38 PMWent to the NIMCON 12 model contest today in McHenry, Illinois. I didn't buy much as I'm saving as much money as I can for the IPMS Nationals next month.

That's a very nice looking sheet of decals ...wonder if they got permission to bring the Australian decals 🤔

I doubt it.  But then I think the copyright only applies here.  Which is how xtradecal get away with selling their sets of RAAF roundels.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on June 13, 2024, 04:15:42 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 13, 2024, 07:52:59 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 13, 2024, 06:01:07 AM...................and somehow two Mistercraft/KP XFY-1 Pogos were so impressed by my musical taste that they followed me home.

Terrible, isn't it? You can't trust ANY kits these days.

Ah, just realised what I'd typed then.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Well you can't trust these two that much, because although the instructions' illustrations are indeed for the Pogo, all the historical blurb on them is for the MiG-29 Fulcrum... ;D

I presume the plastic is right for Pogos?

While away in Bendigo at the weekend I managed to drop into the interestingly named Power Grunt Hobbies.  Always keen to support local business I left with a rattle can of Tamiya Fine White Primer, some Evergreen strip, and a Tamiya 1/35 SAS Pink Panther Landy.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on June 16, 2024, 03:51:36 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 13, 2024, 04:15:42 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 13, 2024, 07:52:59 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 13, 2024, 06:01:07 AM...................and somehow two Mistercraft/KP XFY-1 Pogos were so impressed by my musical taste that they followed me home.

Terrible, isn't it? You can't trust ANY kits these days.

Ah, just realised what I'd typed then.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Well you can't trust these two that much, because although the instructions' illustrations are indeed for the Pogo, all the historical blurb on them is for the MiG-29 Fulcrum... ;D

I presume the plastic is right for Pogos?

<puff, pant> Yes it is, unless there's a hitherto unknown Fulcrum variant with giant contra-props (I mean, never say never...).

Me? Breathless from running upstairs to check? Nah, you're imagining it... <pant, wheeze>
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

seadude

Quote from: zenrat on June 16, 2024, 03:42:03 AM

I doubt it.  But then I think the copyright only applies here.  Which is how xtradecal get away with selling their sets of RAAF roundels.

The decal sheet is from MRC. Here's what the back of the sheet looks like.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on June 16, 2024, 03:42:03 AM

Ahhh that would make sense Fred..I knew that your government copyrighted that so yeah ..it answered a question for sure .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

An Italeri M107 SPG arrived in the mail today and the with a project I'm starting soon this was sorely needed for its gun barrel.
It was cheaper to buy this kit set than buy the barrel alone..now I'll be also able to build a 155mm version 😀

Old Wombat

My stash actually grew by this lot today. ;D

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 12, 2024, 08:55:37 AMOn their way from BNA Model World;

1 x Gecko Models 1/35 WWII British Army Open Cab 30-cwt 4x2 GS Truck (GEC-35GM0071) - For a mid-30's RAM's diorama including this truck, my Vickers Medium Mk.III & a RR Armoured Car (1920's pattern)
1 x Airfix Models 1/35 WWII British Army 30-cwt 4x2 GS Truck (AX01380) - Same truck as above but with an enclosed cab, for something that will come to me later
1 x Reality In Scale 1/35 Food Supplies Vol.5 [2 resin pcs. and decals] (RIS-35236) - To go on my Thunder Models 1/35 LRDG F30 Patrol Truck CMP (TDM-35304) Outback Track diorama
1 x Black Dog 1/35 WWII Universal Boxes Accessories set (BD-T35245) - To go on my Thunder Models 1/35 LRDG F30 Patrol Truck CMP (TDM-35304) Outback Track diorama
1 x Eureka XXL 1/35 Wooden Barrels (EUX-E-009) - To go on my Thunder Models 1/35 LRDG F30 Patrol Truck CMP (TDM-35304) Outback Track diorama
1 x Hauler 1/35 Fuel Barrels (HAU-HLU35083) - To go on my Thunder Models 1/35 LRDG F30 Patrol Truck CMP (TDM-35304) Outback Track diorama
1 x Bronco Models 1/35 British Recce and Signals Light Truck [2 kits] w/Crews [5 figures] (CB35218) - Reduced from AU$74.95 to AU$53.95 then down to AU$29.95, it was another of those "How could I not?" buys that BNA are throwing at me lately

Considering these two are, basically, the same vehicle, the Airfix version contains considerably fewer parts!

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 12, 2024, 08:55:37 AM1 x Gecko Models 1/35 WWII British Army Open Cab 30-cwt 4x2 GS Truck (GEC-35GM0071) - For a mid-30's RAM's diorama including this truck, my Vickers Medium Mk.III & a RR Armoured Car (1920's pattern)
1 x Airfix Models 1/35 WWII British Army 30-cwt 4x2 GS Truck (AX01380) - Same truck as above but with an enclosed cab, for something that will come to me later
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est