My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Arrived today from Invercargill New Zealand

Tasman Model Decals CS7201 The Commonwealth Series, Royal Australian Air Force WWII 'A' Type Roundels

Tasman Model Decals CS7202 The Commonwealth Series, Royal Australian Air Force WWII 'B' Type Roundels

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Wet 'n' dry papers assorted grades
Kingkits the 1/72 Royal Air Force 90th Anniversary Set minus the BAC Lightning, includes acrylic paint, glue,  paint brush and decals.
Got an idea for a biplane version of the Avro Shackleton, a heavy bomber with upper gun turrets along the fuselage roof and a rear tail turret either from a Lancaster or Stirling bomber. Quite a lot of spare plastic will be used for bracing.

zenrat

From Evil Bay;

Tamiya 1/48 Matilda Mk III/IV including Gaso.Line resin conversion set to build it as an RAAC Matilda Frog.
The conversion set gives me the Idler guards and turret ring armour that was retrofitted to RAAC Matildas (not just the flamethrower tanks),
I've now got two of these kits and two of the conversion sets.
I find myself attracted to the kit.  Probably because the box art portrays a Matilda in the spurious "blue" Caunter Scheme.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

An unexpected Hobbycraft £5 voucher I received  and a small reduction in price of  "water damaged" stock has resulted in a Revell Millennium Falcon  finding its way into my hands at no cost!  Hurrah!!    It will end up as RAF Transport or Air Support Command  when I find the appropriate paint colours buried somewhere in the "Deep Stash"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

jcf

Quote from: Rheged on June 28, 2024, 09:03:31 AMAn unexpected Hobbycraft £5 voucher I received  and a small reduction in price of  "water damaged" stock has resulted in a Revell Millennium Falcon  finding its way into my hands at no cost!  Hurrah!!    It will end up as RAF Transport or Air Support Command  when I find the appropriate paint colours buried somewhere in the "Deep Stash"
Royal Astro Force?
;D

Rheged

Quote from: jcf on June 28, 2024, 11:03:27 AM
Quote from: Rheged on June 28, 2024, 09:03:31 AMAn unexpected Hobbycraft £5 voucher I received  and a small reduction in price of  "water damaged" stock has resulted in a Revell Millennium Falcon  finding its way into my hands at no cost!  Hurrah!!    It will end up as RAF Transport or Air Support Command  when I find the appropriate paint colours buried somewhere in the "Deep Stash"
Royal Astro Force?
;D

Exactly so!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

A bargain priced Dragon 1/72 YF-22.

Weaver

From Hannants:

A&A Models 1/72nd Hawk 200 (ZG200 boxing: prototype schemes) - currently discounted for £30 to £20 if you want one.
Special Hobby 1/72nd Focke Wulf Fw 189B-0/B-1 (the solid-nosed trainer version) - discounted from £17.80 to £11.87.
KV Models 1/72nd canopy mask set for the Heller SA342M Gazelle (which I'm assuming is the same as the Airfix version?)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on June 29, 2024, 03:33:21 AM1/72nd canopy mask set for the Heller SA342M Gazelle (which I'm assuming is the same as the Airfix version?)

It was when I built one yonks ago, apart from the Armee de l'Air decals instead of the UK ones.

Good luck with getting enough nose weight in there to get it to stand on its skids properly. Depleted uranium may come in handy...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 29, 2024, 04:00:29 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 29, 2024, 03:33:21 AM1/72nd canopy mask set for the Heller SA342M Gazelle (which I'm assuming is the same as the Airfix version?)

It was when I built one yonks ago, apart from the Armee de l'Air decals instead of the UK ones.

Good luck with getting enough nose weight in there to get it to stand on its skids properly. Depleted uranium may come in handy...........

Watch this space... ;)  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

So, back from the Coventry show and a splendid bargain hunt it was:

Airfix 1/72nd Army Lynx and DHC Beaver from Howard of Effingham

Academy 1/72nd KAI T-50 - £9 (This is a simplifed kit with a stand instead of undercarriage, 2-colour plastic and self-adhesive stickers instead of decals, but it'll still build up nicely, escpecially in a what-if colour scheme.)

ICM 1/72nd BQM-34A Firebee target drone - discounted from £18 to £10

2 x Premiere (FROG-spawn) 1/72ns Sea Venoms with extra vac-form canopies: - £4 the pair (I already have two of these with yellowed canopies).

1 x Heller Draken, bagged but complete - £6

1 x Testors 1/32nd scale Turbo-Go Salt Flat Racer - £1

1x Very nice print of a cartoon of an "eggplaned" Valiant from Accidental Loggie - Free. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: 

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Also from the Coventry show, an Airfix Vanguard from Howard of Effingham, for which I have long term plans..................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

hmm, great day at the home of Midlands Whiffery......

1/144 Welsh Models Jetstream 41
1/35 AFV Club M548 tracked cargo carrier [actually a buy back]
1/48 Hasegawa Weapons Set #3
1/48 ICM WW2 Luftwaffe Pilot and Groundcrew set

decals

1/72 aerodecal mix of Finnish, Czechslovakia [post WW2] and a Slovak variation that was new to even me....
1/72 esci sheet which i had most of one half of but not the other and clearly a inspiration for the old Zotz central american sheets.

aftermarket was good too...

with sets for the 1/72 dragon P-38 series... in, eb resin, set from white ensign for the tin triangle i find useful,

and only two books and two sets of ICM acrylics as for the whiffers, i'll let them speak for themselves but it was great to see them all.  :angel:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Wardukw

In the mail today and very happy to get this is a 48th scale Hasegawa Kyushu J7W1 Shinden from a bloody epic mate down in Wellington.  ;D

Originally intended as a jet powered version for the IJN but now I have other ideas .
The new ideas are the same but different  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Picked up from the Post Office today:

2 x MJ Miniatures 1/35 WWII US Clamp Tool Set (MJ-EZ35002)
1 x MJ Miniatures 1/35 Footman Loop Type A (MJ-EZ35016)
1 x Grey Fox Concepts 1/35 External AFV US and Australian Spot-Welded tie Downs [70pcs] (GFC350012)
2 x Grey Fox Concepts 1/35 EF88 Austeyr Assault Rifle w/F2 Spectre DR Sight & LAIRD Laser [4pcs] (GFC350027)

Most keen on these:

1 x Panzer Art 75mm Military Figure - Knight Hospitaller on The Island of Rhodes 1308[ad] (FI75-013) - bigger scale than the other two
1 x Abteilung 502 54mm Scale Northumbrian Warrior 8th-9th C [resin] (ABT1011)

To go with my previuos purchase of;

1 x Abteilung 502 54mm Scale Hero Saxon Warrior 5th C [resin] (ABT1020) - his main weapon is a generally fictitious "butterfly" head axe, but he comes with a left hand Saxon-style axe OR a shield, so I'll just modify him to be carrying the correct axe in his right hand.

I'm looking to move into doing a bit of historical figure work in the not too distant future & these look like a good place to start.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est