My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Gondor

Are you going to modify it into the James Bond car?
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Quote from: Gondor on July 25, 2024, 11:17:09 AMAre you going to modify it into the James Bond car?
'Twould be a wa$te of a beautiful kit. 
;D
The base kit would be a better choice for a
conversion as it's inexpensive, currently
$15.50 USD on HLJ.

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on July 25, 2024, 11:50:59 AM
Quote from: Gondor on July 25, 2024, 11:17:09 AMAre you going to modify it into the James Bond car?
;D
$15.50 USD on HLJ.
A similar problem I've got right now Jon ..sitting at my LHS is a Airfix 250 GTO Ferrari super detail kit..white metal chassis ..PE brake rotors and other upgrades and for what I want to do to it tho I want the Italeri version of the model..if I could fecking find one that is . :banghead:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Charlie_c67

A missing package from the last HLJ order finally arrived today, no idea where it went on it's little jaunt around the UK, but it contained an F-86D and a Mitsubishi F-2A/B both 1/72 and both from Hasegawa. The Sabre Dog knocks the Airfix offering out the park and has supplanted it in my plans for the type.
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

McColm

An order has been replaced with Kingkit for an incomplete 1/72 Airfix Gloster Gladiator Mk2/
J-8A (the one fitted with skis, from the photo the only part that's missing are the decals).
Plus the Begungun 1/72 Spitfire MkVB floatpane.

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on July 25, 2024, 12:32:05 PM
Quote from: jcf on July 25, 2024, 11:50:59 AM
;D
$15.50 USD on HLJ.
A similar problem I've got right now Jon ..sitting at my LHS is a Airfix 250 GTO Ferrari super detail kit..white metal chassis ..PE brake rotors and other upgrades and for what I want to do to it tho I want the Italeri version of the model..if I could fecking find one that is . :banghead:

What Jon said.  The GT2000 is my favourite Japanese car and I want a full detail build of one.  Only decision is what colour(s).

Phill.  I'll keep an eye out.  Would you consider the Fujimi kit as well?  They seem to go for less the Italeri.

Today I received from BNA, PE detail sets for the Tamiya SAS Pink Panther and Italeri Commando Jeep.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 25, 2024, 04:00:52 AMOn their way to me are more detail sets than any sane person would either want or need;

1 x Scale Aircraft Conversion 1/48 North American B-25J Mitchell Landing Gear for HK Models (SAC-48439)
1 x Eduard 1/48 B-25J Mitchell Engines for HK Model kits (ED 648870)
1 x Eduard 1/48 B-25J Mitchell Bombsight for HK Model kits (ED 648871)
1 x QuickBoost 1/48 B-25J Mitchell Cowlings for HK Model kits (QB49051)
1 x QuickBoost 1/48 B-25J Mitchell Propellers for HK Model kits (QB49048)

Lucky I'm not sane, hey. ;D

Speak for yourself  ;D

I assume that a 1/48 Mitchell build is in the offing at sometime  :rolleyes:

I've looked at those Scale Aircraft Conversion undercarriage sets a few times, in 1/72 admitedly, and have always thought they were a bit on the pricey side here in the UK at least. Still as I've often said, value for money is very much a personal opinion.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 26, 2024, 05:18:40 AMI assume that a 1/48 Mitchell build is in the offing at sometime  :rolleyes:

I've looked at those Scale Aircraft Conversion undercarriage sets a few times, in 1/72 admitedly, and have always thought they were a bit on the pricey side here in the UK at least. Still as I've often said, value for money is very much a personal opinion.

That would be a "Yes", along with a B-26 Marauder, a pair of F-105's, a Swordfish, a Beaufighter, a Gannet, & a whole plethora of other kits ... It's the "when" that sometime is that's extremely variable.

Most of my 1/48 kits I'm fairly happy with the kit landing gear but the B-25, B-26, F-105s & Gannet are pretty bulky kits, so I thought I'd try the SAC u/c's as they should be stronger than plastic.

Now I have the HK B-25J (& all those mod's for it) I'm wondering what to do with my Revell B-25J, I'm thinking of doing the B-27K version of the build below (I was going to do that with the 1/72 Airfix kit when they brought out their B-25J, a not unreasonable expectation given the breakdown of their B-25B/C kit, but they haven't done so, yet, which is disappointing.);

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Another round of High Speed Bombers?  I could get into that.   :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 26, 2024, 05:49:29 AMMost of my 1/48 kits I'm fairly happy with the kit landing gear but the B-25, B-26, F-105s & Gannet are pretty bulky kits, so I thought I'd try the SAC u/c's as they should be stronger than plastic.

Having got the Gannet in the stash I can certainly see your point. Let me know what the undercarriage is like when you get it and I'll mention your name if I order some  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Matchbox N.A/Rockwell T-2C/E Buckeye.
I might go down the road of the AT-2 Buckeye, I have a 'spares or repair ' Buckeye already built but lacking the landing gear. I'll have a rummage in the spares boxes,  this one has been painted with decals USNAVY VT-23, 158882,B,24.
The Buckeye seems to be a popular model on this forum, got that Alpha jet look about it.

Gondor

Arrived today from various sources

1 x 1/72 Modelsvit 72075 Mirage 2000D, parts will go towards a whiff

1 x 1/72 Italeri 1231 F-5A Freedom Fighter. It's the ex ESCI kit and probably the best F-5A around, likely to be real world.

1 x 1/72 Italeri 1464 F-35A Lightening Beast Mode

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SH 72172 C-37C "Deuce USMC" Probably going to be an early Jungley

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SH 72485 Tachikawa Ki-54 Hickory. To get the decals from my Anson C.19 that I don't use on the Anson

1 x 1/72 ModelArt Decal System 72-010 Hawker Hunter, Mirage 2000 & Macchi MB.326H

2 x 1/35 Scorpion Minature Models SMM3552W Centurion Interim Wheels (half set - 12 wheels - without holes)

1 x 1/35 Scorpian Minature Models SMM3553A Centurion Mk.1 Mantlet Cover

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Phill.  I'll keep an eye out.  Would you consider the Fujimi kit as well?  They seem to go for less the Italeri.

[/quote]
Ah yes thd Fujimi kit too..worth keeping an eye out for... :thumbsup:

Even though there's a possibility of one in the works but I'll have to wait and see 👀 😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .