My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 31, 2024, 02:44:45 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 30, 2024, 11:06:04 PMJust had delivered a Scalextric Capri 3, so that'll make the road car conversion a lot easier than trying to reconfigure the Sideways Racer Group 3 body I have.
Is that the one the decals were for?  ;D

It is now...  ;)

Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2024, 04:08:01 AMIn my car, waiting to be snuck through the house and into my stash, there is one of these.

Good looking kit, I'm looking forward to getting onto mine. USN, I think - something other than plain ol' OD.

And yeah, Phill - if I ever win Lotto, a 1/1 version will go on the shopping list!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 01, 2024, 10:37:46 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 31, 2024, 02:44:45 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 30, 2024, 11:06:04 PMJust had delivered a Scalextric Capri 3, so that'll make the road car conversion a lot easier than trying to reconfigure the Sideways Racer Group 3 body I have.
Is that the one the decals were for?  ;D

It is now...  ;)

Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2024, 04:08:01 AMIn my car, waiting to be snuck through the house and into my stash, there is one of these.

Good looking kit, I'm looking forward to getting onto mine. USN, I think - something other than plain ol' OD.

And yeah, Phill - if I ever win Lotto, a 1/1 version will go on the shopping list!

Rick with what I have in mind just the body would work cause I want to combine that with the chassis of a medium duty extended cab Chev duelly 4x4  ;D
Quite possible a normal cab version would work too 🤔 😉
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: killnoizer on August 01, 2024, 02:56:01 PMLast week i startet this big beast

You cannot view this attachment....

I can't wait to see what you do to a Heyford.   :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

NOBODY knows what to do with a Heyford...  :angel:

Also got one the The Stash, bought with juvenile enthusiams, but lacking plans.  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 02, 2024, 03:31:13 AM
Quote from: killnoizer on August 01, 2024, 02:56:01 PMLast week i startet this big beast

You cannot view this attachment....

I can't wait to see what you do to a Heyford.   :thumbsup:

Must admit when I built that many years ago I really enjoyed it, looking forward to seeing what you do with it  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I've been Whiffing a Heyford for over 10yrs now, STILL not got too far with it.................  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received today from Airfix

1 x 1/72 Supermarine Swift Front Canopy parts from the spares department. I had got glue in places in and between the two parts so thought of trying the spares department as the kit is in stock at the moment and I got a result  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 02, 2024, 05:20:09 AMNOBODY knows what to do with a Heyford...  :angel:

Also got one the The Stash, bought with juvenile enthusiams, but lacking plans.  ;D

I too bought a Matchbox Heyford in a fit of youthful enthusiasm a great many years ago (actually it was in the previous millennium)  .  I've recently unearthed it from "The Deep Stash".  I'm considering deleting the lower wing, whiffing a retractable undercarriage in fuselage bulges   sponsons  and thus creating the Handley-Page............Hensingham.........Hexham.........Hungerford..........Huddersfield???

Or perhaps the Hackney, cos it's definitely going to get hacked  about.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Rat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 02, 2024, 05:20:09 AMNOBODY knows what to do with a Heyford...  :angel:

Well, let's be fair, a Heyford looks like a 'whiff out of the box.'  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Charlie_c67

Probably been done, but has anyone attached the lower wing to the fuselage and not the upper like a "normal" biplane?
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

The Rat

Quote from: Charlie_c67 on August 02, 2024, 05:16:25 PMProbably been done, but has anyone attached the lower wing to the fuselage and not the upper like a "normal" biplane?

Pretty sure someone did a monoplane Heyford, can't recall if it was a parasol or a low-wing.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

My 'eternal build' Heyford is a monoplane, but with just the top wing, extended a bit of course.  ;D

And it's got Merlins too.................

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: Charlie_c67 on August 02, 2024, 05:16:25 PMProbably been done, but has anyone attached the lower wing to the fuselage and not the upper like a "normal" biplane?

A lot of "normal" biplanes do have the lower wing attached to the fuselage, however, it would not be usual for a Hayford
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on August 02, 2024, 11:47:46 PM

A lot of "normal" biplanes do have the lower wing attached to the fuselage, however, it would not be usual for a Hayford

I added a third wing and three more engines.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..