My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Just arrived 10 minutes ago my 2 modelsvit kits from the Ukraine. One is the Mirage III V-01 The other, a mirage III EAI/EBR, both in 72nd scale. Some serious wiffing will be going on with the V/TOL mirage, it is a lot bigger than the standard mirage III, so it will have its V/TOL bits blanked off and become a Mirage III TG-N. Alternate reality version for this one, as it will be designed and built to do the nuclear bomber role the mirage IV was, and when they were retired and replaced with the 2000 N they were upgraded and sold on as fighter bombers, with the emphasis in bomber. I will put one large fuel tank on the centre line, 2 aam's on the wing tips, and 2 pylons with MER's in the inner wings. The other Mirage will get a few minor mods to it and also be shoved into Honduras  air force service.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: jcf on September 02, 2024, 10:34:37 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 02, 2024, 04:52:49 AMBought a Supermodel/Italeri 1:72 Fiat Cr.32, to be converted some day into a monoplane (following an inspiring illustration created by fellow modeler Franclab at FlickR).
That's an attractive illustration. In regards to your discussion with François about the wing, it would need to be deepened if it was a cantilever design. Otherwise it would require bracing and/or wires. Travel Air R style would look good and, especially R613K which was originally powered by an inverted inline-6 Chevolair engine produced by Art Chevrolet.
R613K was later reengined with a radial and was purchased by Pancho Barnes.
In the real world the fifth, and final, Type R was purchased by Italy and it inspired the Breda Ba.27.

Current plan is to use Fw190 wings (from a Matchbox kit), maybe with a small fuselage extension, but retain the spatted landing gear. Tail surfaces might be modernized, too.

Gondor

Two items from Scorpion Minature Models arrived today

1 x 1/35 SMM3553W Centurion Early Roadwheels - with three holes

1 x 1/35 SMM3541B Brass Sideskirts Early Production

I now have all the update sets to make a better Mk.1 Centurion.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Received today from Poland

1 x 1/72 eduard 72664 B-2A undercarriage etch set.

Because sometimes you have to shop around to get a better deal, including postage.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

Collected from Uncle Frank on Saturday gone:

Valom Anson T.21 - he was generous to do it at trade price as a favour.  The nigh on fifty notes that Valom want is ridiculously high.
Mach 2 Blohm und Voss Bv 142

Plus some Plasticweld and some paint.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

My I Love Kit M55 SPG came in the mail yesterday 😍
It's the 8in (203mm) version of this machine..the barrel is to short in 8in so 175mm here we come  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Charlie_c67

1/72 RV MiG-21K, a variant I've not come across before, plus various paint masks have arrived from the big H, including a number of the TopNotch camo masks. First time using these (when I finally get round to it) so hopefully they'll be fairly straight forward.
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on September 11, 2024, 10:14:25 AMMy I Love Kit M55 SPG came in the mail yesterday 😍
It's the 8in (203mm) version of this machine..the barrel is to short in 8in so 175mm here we come  ;D

Go British 7.2-inch (180mm (+/-)) howitzer. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 11, 2024, 06:33:52 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 11, 2024, 10:14:25 AMMy I Love Kit M55 SPG came in the mail yesterday 😍

😆 🤣
I've already got 2 models with that monster gun  ;D
This model kinda shows ya how much I've wanted this vehicle..the chassis is already built
.the 175mm gun has been dickied with to mount to the 8in gun ..still working on that ...no turret interior at all ..at some point there might be but not right now .
Not a lot of parts  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Charlie_c67 on September 11, 2024, 12:54:39 PM1/72 RV MiG-21K, a variant I've not come across before, plus various paint masks have arrived from the big H, including a number of the TopNotch camo masks. First time using these (when I finally get round to it) so hopefully they'll be fairly straight forward.

The MiG-21K was a late Sixties project (and the model actually a whif-in-the-box!), a proposal for a dedicated ground attack variant based on the 3rd generation Fishbed (the MiG-21M and its derivatives).
Paper plane only, and the idea was eventually scrapped in favor of the Su-25 (and Il-102) which was designed from the start for attack missions.

zenrat

I got another 1/35 Tamiya Jeep today.  This time NOT the SAS one but an ordinary one with a WW2 US Army driver.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

From Airfix:

1 x 1/72nd Westland Sea King HC.4 (to be an RAF Commando, bought instead of the Puma)
2 x 1/72nd Hawker P.1127s (not sure...)

Both of them look very good. Not a surprise for the new-tool Sea King, but the P.1127 moulding looks very fine and neat. Can't comment on the fit of course.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

This was delivered today

I might have to buy a new kit for it to go on  :rolleyes: 

Or open up the mint one that I have, probably not going to do that.

Gondor

jcf

Quote from: Wardukw on September 11, 2024, 08:46:34 PM

😆 🤣
This model kinda shows ya how much I've wanted this vehicle..the chassis is already built
.the 175mm gun has been dickied with to mount to the 8in gun ..still working on that ...no turret interior at all ..at some point there might be but not right now .
Meh, go 12-inch or go home.
You cannot view this attachment.

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on September 12, 2024, 03:16:07 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 11, 2024, 08:46:34 PM

😆 🤣
Meh, go 12-inch or go home.
You cannot view this attachment.
😆 🤣 😂