My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on September 18, 2024, 11:10:53 AMOh those rims ya love will be on there way to ya shortly with some rather noice white wall tryes  ;D

Thanks  mate.   :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on September 19, 2024, 04:27:56 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 18, 2024, 11:10:53 AMOh those rims ya love will be on there way to ya shortly with some rather noice white wall tryes  ;D

Thanks  mate.   :thumbsup:

Welcome matey  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 19, 2024, 03:45:35 AMAnd one (Count 'em! ... One!) model kit:
1 x Eduard 1/48 Grumman FM-2 Wildcat Aircraft Carrier-based Fighter [Profipack] (ED 82205)

I've their FM-1 (yes I do own some 1/48th kits) and it is very nice  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I got this today.  1/35.  To accompany my Tiger Models Panhard VBL.

20240920_202516 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Portable hair dryer hood, a ladies got to look her best  :angel:

Nah, seriously, terrific figure  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

I just had a offer made to me for a 1/35 Takom  PL-01 Prototype Polish Light Tank ...now I'd never this before as a model and when it was first listed the seller wanted 65 notes for it .
Because it's a very futuristic looking tank I stuffed it on my watchlist ..like a month ago ..it didn't sell so it was automatically put on my watchlist again..this time for 55 notes..still didn't sell ..then $45 ..still no takers which was weird for a model which is only 5yrs old .
So he offered it for 38 notes ..mine 😄😄
Cheapest price I found for this kit here is $88 nz .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw on Yesterday at 01:02:44 PMI just had a offer made to me for a 1/35 Takom  PL-01 Prototype Polish Light Tank ...now I'd never this before as a model and when it was first listed the seller wanted 65 notes for it .
Because it's a very futuristic looking tank I stuffed it on my watchlist ..like a month ago ..it didn't sell so it was automatically put on my watchlist again..this time for 55 notes..still didn't sell ..then $45 ..still no takers which was weird for a model which is only 5yrs old .

That's a score  :thumbsup:

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

This afternoon, a parcel arrived, containing a 1/72 Special Hobby Vautour IIN. I have one previously, but it seems to me it's a very nice machine to repurpose from an outdated and slow allweather interceptor to a surprisingly timeless low level strike aircraft, and as that, someone else than the froggies would have found good use for it, methinks. I shall mull further on who.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on Yesterday at 01:42:20 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on Yesterday at 01:02:44 PMI just had a offer made to me for a 1/35 Takom  PL-01 Prototype Polish Light Tank ...now I'd never this before as a model and when it was first listed the seller wanted 65 notes for it .

That's a score  :thumbsup:

Yep 😁😁
And it's very likely going to get better Alistair mate..the same dude has another auction for 36 pots of Humbrol acrylic paints ..it's like 6 boxes of 6 pots pur and it's starting bid is 25 coins ..at our prices here at $5.50 each,  that's $198 bucks worth 👌 😀
And yip..already bid  :thumbsup:

jcf

Quote from: Pellson on Yesterday at 02:48:35 PMThis afternoon, a parcel arrived, containing a 1/72 Special Hobby Vautour IIN. I have one previously, but it seems to me it's a very nice machine to repurpose from an outdated and slow allweather interceptor to a surprisingly timeless low level strike aircraft, and as that, someone else than the froggies would have found good use for it, methinks. I shall mull further on who.
The Israelis received seven IIN in 1960, in 1963, after the Mirage IIICs arrived, they were handed over to an attack squadron.
By the time of the Six-Day War all but one
of the six survivors, one had been used as
a target in development of the Shafrir A-to-A missile, had been stripped of all of the night/all-weather interceptor avionics and were then used only in the attack role. The one not converted to the attack role was made into a reconnaissance aircraft. The Vautor served until 1972.

One of the Special Hobby IIN kit boxings
is in Israeli markings.

Pellson

Quote from: jcf on Yesterday at 06:08:11 PM
Quote from: Pellson on Yesterday at 02:48:35 PMThis afternoon, a parcel arrived, containing a 1/72 Special Hobby Vautour IIN. I have one previously, but it seems to me it's a very nice machine to repurpose from an outdated and slow allweather interceptor to a surprisingly timeless low level strike aircraft, and as that, someone else than the froggies would have found good use for it, methinks. I shall mull further on who.
The Israelis received seven IIN in 1960, in 1963, after the Mirage IIICs arrived, they were handed over to an attack squadron.
By the time of the Six-Day War all but one
of the six survivors, one had been used as
a target in development of the Shafrir A-to-A missile, had been stripped of all of the night/all-weather interceptor avionics and were then used only in the attack role. The one not converted to the attack role was made into a reconnaissance aircraft. The Vautor served until 1972.

One of the Special Hobby IIN kit boxings
is in Israeli markings.

Afaik, they even took over the Cyrano radar treated, eventually repurposing that into an ECM machine. And the relevant SP boxing has that scheme as well.

Above said, I'm not so sure about RW models..   ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on Yesterday at 05:38:33 AMPortable hair dryer hood, a ladies got to look her best  :angel:

I've not dealt with a 3d printed model with the support bits on it before.  WHat's the best way to remove them?
Sprue cutters? Knife?  Saw?  Hedge Trimmer?
Fred

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on Today at 03:39:52 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on Yesterday at 05:38:33 AMPortable hair dryer hood, a ladies got to look her best  :angel:

I've not dealt with a 3d printed model with the support bits on it before.  WHat's the best way to remove them?

I've used a couple of 3D printed parts & I've found that cutters to remove the bulk, then a sharp knife to trim the remnants.

Hedge trimmer's not required, she's European, not Brazilian. :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on Today at 03:51:49 AMHedge trimmer's not required, she's European, not Brazilian. :angel:

Oooooh, cutting!  :o

(Did you see w3hat I did then?  ;D )
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on Today at 03:51:49 AM
Quote from: zenrat on Today at 03:39:52 AM

I've used a couple of 3D printed parts & I've found that cutters to remove the bulk, then a sharp knife to trim the remnants.

Hedge trimmer's not required, she's European, not Brazilian. :angel:

:thumbsup:
Fred