My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

Delivered from ebay a 1/72 F-7K destined to be an FAA bird
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Nick

From Super Hobby in Poland in just 7 days and delivery tracked by Royal Mail.
Very well packed, I will buy from them again.

M41 Gun Shield Cover - designed to go with the 1/35 AFV Club kit, but I am sure it will adapt to the Tamiya one I have.

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on October 03, 2024, 04:59:12 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 02, 2024, 11:25:28 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 02, 2024, 04:56:13 AMI also got some camo masking putty.  I keep reading about this and want to see if its any better than blu tac or play doh.
Fred it depends what brand it is..the Ammo and AK Interactive stuff are extremely good ..I use AKs one and it's brilliant..it will dip tho if ya leave it sitting for ages but still it cleaned up perfectly 👌
I know of a couple of other brands which work pretty good to ..as for their names ..nope..don't remember  ;D

Alexen Models are the makers.  Not heard of them before.  It was an impulse purchase.

Nope ..nope haven't heard of em either ....will be interested in how good it is mate .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2024, 07:36:19 AMFrom Super Hobby in Poland in just 7 days and delivery tracked by Royal Mail.
Very well packed, I will buy from them again.

M41 Gun Shield Cover - designed to go with the 1/35 AFV Club kit, but I am sure it will adapt to the Tamiya one I have.

Fitting it on the Tamiya kit  is not too difficult.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 03, 2024, 06:19:34 AMYour avatar's changed!

Who are you and what have you done with Fred?  :-\

Time for a change.  So goodbye to Field Marshall Sir John Monash and hello to Tankgirl.

A package arrived today from Frontline Hobbies in NSW.  It contained Mrs z's christmas present (Lego) which obviously needed armour and air cover for protection on the road in the shape of;

Dragon 1/35 Neubau-Fahrzeug Nr.2 multi turreted tank.  Yes, I know I said no more 1/35 armour as 1/48 is a better size but this was marked down by 45% and will make the perfect accompaniment for the 1/35 Trumpeter T-35 already in the stash.  Although the Nb.Fz might need some additional turretage (only having three) so as not to feel inadequate.

Freedom Models Egg MiG 21s (two models in one box - one single seat, one two).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

killnoizer

I received a very good droptank for my next project today.
And there is also a sweet old plane in the box  :thumbsup: 

You cannot view this attachment.
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

zenrat

I got some wheels from a very nice man in New Zealand.

Thanks Phill.   :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on October 04, 2024, 10:20:43 PMI got some wheels from a very nice man in New Zealand.

Thanks Phill.   :thumbsup:
😀😀😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Chaos

Pellson

Took delivery of a few Evilbay finds today.  A Zvezda MiG-23MLD, a(nother) Heller JA37 Viggen and a Marivox SAAB 105. I got them reasonably cheap. In particular the SAAB 105 that went for less than a third of what I usually see people buy them for which is nice as there are a few countries one easily could have seen using the 105.

As for Viggens - one can't have too many, and I can easily see them in several different liveries.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

DogfighterZen

Received today, Kinetic 1/48 IAI Nesher and Reskit Mirage IIIE exhaust nozzle and Eduard 1/48 PE cockpit set for Hasegawa A-7 kit

You cannot view this attachment.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

seadude

Do I really need another model kit? No, but.........
Went to my local model club meeting today. One of the members said he was thinning down his stash for various reasons. He brought in this TAMIYA 1/350 scale IJN Yamato battleship kit (Kit # 78002) he was getting rid of. He wasn't asking any money for it. Just letting it go to thin down his stash. I'm really not into WWII Japanese ships, but I figured, what the hell, right? So I asked to have it.
Unfortuneately, the guy must have started some work on it as some parts are off the sprues and some parts have been put together. I'll have to go through every single sprue and see what's missing. The instructions are missing from the kit, but I can get those from Scalemates website. Also included are parts to make the model radio controlled if it's put in the water. The guy bought some old Gold Medal Models photoetch for the kit, so I have to go over that and see what's salvageable. So far, the worst thing I've seen is the deck area behind where turret #3 goes where the aircraft sit on dollies or tracks has been completely sanded smooth of any and all detail in this area. Not sure how to replicate or re-add all that lost detail. Anyway, I have to go over this kit with a fine tooth comb so to speak and see how much is salvageable. With luck, maybe I can buy a bunch of aftermarket accessories for it like resin or 3D parts, metal gun barrels, new aircraft, wood adhesive deck, etc. and try to re-sell this kit. Any thoughts on what I could do with this kit? Any thoughts on what other aftermarket accessories to get to update this model?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Old Wombat

Quote from: seadude on October 12, 2024, 04:50:55 PMDo I really need another model kit? No, but.........
Went to my local model club meeting today. One of the members said he was thinning down his stash for various reasons. He brought in this TAMIYA 1/350 scale IJN Yamato battleship kit (Kit # 78002) he was getting rid of. He wasn't asking any money for it. Just letting it go to thin down his stash. I'm really not into WWII Japanese ships, but I figured, what the hell, right? So I asked to have it.
Unfortuneately, the guy must have started some work on it as some parts are off the sprues and some parts have been put together. I'll have to go through every single sprue and see what's missing. The instructions are missing from the kit, but I can get those from Scalemates website. Also included are parts to make the model radio controlled if it's put in the water. The guy bought some old Gold Medal Models photoetch for the kit, so I have to go over that and see what's salvageable. So far, the worst thing I've seen is the deck area behind where turret #3 goes where the aircraft sit on dollies or tracks has been completely sanded smooth of any and all detail in this area. Not sure how to replicate or re-add all that lost detail. Anyway, I have to go over this kit with a fine tooth comb so to speak and see how much is salvageable. With luck, maybe I can buy a bunch of aftermarket accessories for it like resin or 3D parts, metal gun barrels, new aircraft, wood adhesive deck, etc. and try to re-sell this kit. Any thoughts on what I could do with this kit? Any thoughts on what other aftermarket accessories to get to update this model?

Modernise her.

That way she won't need aircraft or their catapults.

Yamato survives WW2 & is either conscripted into the United States Navy, or is mothballed & re-activated into the  Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (late Cold War or post-Cold War options available).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

seadude

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 12, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
Quote from: seadude on October 12, 2024, 04:50:55 PMDo I really need another model kit? No, but.........

Modernise her.

Yamato survives WW2 & is either conscripted into the United States Navy, or is mothballed & re-activated into the  Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (late Cold War or post-Cold War options available).

Somebody already beat me to modernizing a Yamato.
Post # 73 here:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=43752.60
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Old Wombat

Quote from: seadude on October 12, 2024, 06:31:53 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on October 12, 2024, 05:31:08 PM

Modernise her.

Somebody already beat me to modernizing a Yamato.
Post # 73 here:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=43752.60

Nothing to say you can't put your own spin on it, though. ;)  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est