The Captain's Neverending Supply of Harriers

Started by Captain Canada, March 21, 2005, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Would look great in Portugese markings, especially the camo that is currently on their H-101s !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

You mean the Merlin? I looked it up but could only find it in SEA wraparound air force camo... I have to learn how to make my own decals, there's a lot to be done in PoAF and navy markings. :banghead: It would be nice to have some low-vis markings in white or gray for some navy schemes... :rolleyes:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

I think it was the SEA camo. Saw them in a magazine a few years back, flying over the beach and they just looked great !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Hey Captain, been thinking about the SEA camo on the Harrier and i'm going for it on my next whif!  :thumbsup:
There's a GR.7/9 under my bed that's been making too much noise at night...  :wacko: Probably will be my first ever with an airbrush, today i ordered a cheap starter set on my LHS, which comes with a quiet compressor, should be enough to get me going.
How are those Harriers coming along, any progress?

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

That would look great on a Harrier !

Not much going on here. Busy at work and getting ready for motocross season. I hope to sit down tonite and get a wee bit done, but it is Easter weekend so lots of family and food and drinks

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Good stuff to keep you busy! As i'm a BMXer, motocross will always have a place in my heart.   ;D

Captain Canada

Cool ! I've been wanting to build an old FMF BMX replica....one of these days !

Started another pair....ugh

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

You do have a 'thing' about Harriers Cap'n....  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Tell me about it ! And when I was digging these two out I still have a pair of Airfix FA.2s to start, as well as a pair of Sword T birds and the Xtra kit FA.2

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Maybe one of these days you'll have to change the nickname to Captain Harrier...  ;D  Anyway, i don't see a problem in having such admiration for that jet, It's beautiful! Let'em loose!! :wacko: :thumbsup:
I understand perfectly as i'm a Viper addict, only built one in my year long modeling career but there are 3 twin seat and 5 single seat F-16 kits in my stash and still wanna buy a few more... and almost forgot, my F-16W and 1 F-16XL!  ;D
Well, i didn't even know that FMF had bmx bikes...  :banghead:
Looks good in the pics i saw. I never knew much about the racing side of it, only raced in my first year of riding, after that, it's been 20 some years of dirt jumping, street, ramps and bone breaking... :wacko:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Harriers are great -- following the multitudes of Spitfires (55 including Seafires, Spitefuls and Seafangs) Harriers are the second most kits I have (20 including Sea Harriers and trainers [all of the versions])
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Nice !

I think I'm going to add the taller tail from one of my Sword T birds as well, to cope t
with the extra power and speed that comes with it  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Lovely Harriers!  :thumbsup:

Seeing that twin-sticker without the canopy, I wonder.... has anyone thought about building a twin-seater Harrier with a Singaporean Skyhawk-style 'double bubble' canopy using two 'early' Harrier canopies?  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Captain Canada

Hmmm...never thought of that but it would be a neat looker !

I almost bought more today....what is wrong with me ! lol

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?