The Captain's Neverending Supply of Harriers

Started by Captain Canada, March 21, 2005, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Long range light strike sounds like a plan ! Wasn't really sure where I was going with it really....prob be wrap around camo tho.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got a full coat of grey on the GR.3+, and of course now I like the look of it and it might stay this way.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Added the green colour for the GR.3+. Starting to look the part !

I sure wish I could print my own decals....I really should look into that.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 16, 2015, 05:10:55 PM
I sure wish I could print my own decals....I really should look into that.

Yes, you should.  Got a colour printer?  Hardest parts are working round the inability to print white and doing the design work on the computer.
I can give you some tips and i'm sure others here will also make suggestions (it's be a first if the didn't  ;D)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

I'd love some tips, mainly on the computer side. What programs to draw them in etc ?

:wub: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I use Micro$oft Powerpoint.  I've been using it for graphics stuff for years (started by drawing maps and went from there into decals) and you can achieve a lot by combining the shapes they supply and drawing lines.  The curved lines function takes a bit of getting used to but it's better now than it used to be believe me.  The Group tool and the ability to move layers backwards and forwards are very useful.  For a presentation tool Powerpoint makes a fine graphics package.
Things have got even better since I discovered just how many fonts are available to download for free from the interweb.  If you are looking for something specific and are worried about 100% accuracy then it might take you a bit of time trolling through websites but if close enough is good enough then it won't take time to find something suitable.  There are also loads of interesting fonts should you want to do something like a Star Fleet Harrier or a 60's flower power Wessex.
Goggle Free Fonts to find them.  Usual warning re virus checking applies.
I can't help you with other packages but if you choose to use Powerpoint and get stuck then drop me a line.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I've been using PaintShoPro4 for ages, by now it's effectively free since Corel bought the PSP group after PSP7. People have told me that 'PSP is useless as a decal making programme as it doesn't do vector graphics' to which I reply 'If you can see the difference on a 1/72 scale swept fin flash decal, fine, but I'm darned if I can!'
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Hmmmm...thanks guys. I'll have to do a bit of research but it's definitely somat I'm into.

PS-I'm going to start another Sword harrier tonite to go with my GR.3 collection  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?