Started by Captain Canada, March 21, 2005, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

Excellent Toad!

I'm in love!!

:wub:  :wub:  

John Howling Mouse

Aw, cooooooool!

I, for one, LOVE the ugly nose: makes it seem so much more utilitarian and unique.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Patrick H

Great stuff Todd. Wonderfull trio, even with the ugly nosed one  ;)

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

nev

I like the "ugly" nose.  I think the nickname "rhino" would be most appropriate, given its shape and colour  :wub:

And good job on the trolley as well Todd, she looks really cool being towed along like that  :ph34r:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

QuoteHere she is, on her land-based take-off cart and tug
Okay, this hiring quota business has got out of hand, that tug driver's got no frigging arms!!! And what's with the grey skin, is he/she/it one of them thar grey aliens we hear about?!

Damn defence cuts.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Thanks boys, she is rather ugly,  but tough looking nontheless. And Rhino would be a good name for her !

And my little buddy will have and colour before long. Either that, or he'll have to go back into the armless grey-guy closet.

:lol:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gary

It's like the weird sisters from MacBeth. All sorts of evil brewing in that pot!

Sweet dude!

Uhh, I did notice the absence of Captain Canada's Model fuel in these shots however.  
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

Hi Guys,
    Never really happy with the look of this one. I've been busy working on some other Hhariers so figured I'd give her another kick.....

Thanks to the 7/9 option in the new Airfix kit I'm replacing the LERX.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Holy Thread Revival Batman!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Captain Canada

Haha....ya. I'm almost ready to slap some paint on it....but I still don't like the look of it !

Grrr.....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Might finish this one today ! Took a turn for the worse last night when I added the fairing to the fin, then promptly lost the tip I had cut off. I ended up cutting down part of the old kit's LERX and using it. Then I added al the new fiddly bits and really didn't like it. Then I added some new paint to make her look more like a modern 'latter' day RAF Harrier, and sudddenly I like it again !

This is how I fashioned the little intakes from old Sidewinders.

The bits I've added : ECM to fin, new IFR probe, four intakes on top, new LERX, bits on the nose to look like a newer GR, lift strakes and aerial on the bottom like an FA bird

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

?!?!?!?!?! Is that a bottle of... of... WATER?! Have you taken the pledge?  :o :blink:

Captain Canada

I'm using a display stand from a 350 scale Archie Burke destroyer as a landing pad for the legless Shar. This is the permanent style set on a turntable to allow it turn with the wind. How's this for my idea :

It has laser eyes that shoot a beam up ( through the holes in front ) to align the aeroplane.
One centered, the cable is dropped and attaches to the rod.
The winch inside pulls the Harrier down, as the hydraulic rod extends and locks into place inside the Shar.
The aircraft comes to rest on the detachable cradle for it's next mission.
It can also be removed from above using the shipborne cradle.
It is also equipped with airbags for emergencies. ( in the form of an Airfix TSR.2 aux. fuel cell cut in two )

This is the trainer

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Liking this......never really looked at the two seater.....but I seen it in a different light now.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Thank you sir....have it mostly painted up now. Just a few decals to go and build a take-off/ transport trolly.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?