The Captain's Neverending Supply of Harriers

Started by Captain Canada, March 21, 2005, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Some people might call it scratch building but I call it glueing a bunch of pieces together....slapped a base coat of yellow on it after this pic was taken. I need to get this finished so I can display the original Harrier on it.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Another two in the que....using the GR.9 paint guide from the Airfix instructions. I know in the real world the demarcation wasn't as noticable as this, but I like the look !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 03, 2013, 09:22:14 AM
Another two in the que....using the GR.9 paint guide from the Airfix instructions. I know in the real world the demarcation wasn't as noticable as this, but I like the look !

As do I Capt'n  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Thank you sir ! I didn't get as much done on them last week as I wanted to, after banging off those few half-builts, I'm getting back into my too-many-at-a-time rut !

Argh....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Hi Guys,
    I've renamed this thread. I figure I'm going to go for some Harriers. I'm going to try and work on them simultaneously with some other half starts. I really need to clear up my basement as it's getting out of control.

Anyway, on to the Harriers !

I dug out 4 more to go with what's already about. The 2 sword 2-seaters, the Xtrakit SHAR, and the old Novo kit. I found a little blue sticker on the side of that one 'Joyland 90p" I guess models were cheaper back then eh !

If I'm able to later I'm going to make a list and take a few pics of what I'm starting with.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I've decided to turf the old Novo kit from the pile.....it's just too much of a dog compared to the newer kits. Especially compared to the new Airfix GR.1. I'm not prepared to spend the time to sand and scribe and steal other parts just to enhance it. I think it will remain a relic of the 90p model kit era  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TallEng

Sounds fair :thumbsup: and you can always use it as Whiff fodder ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Captain Canada

Not sure if it's even good enough for that ! I'm thinking maybe if a kid gets into modeling I can donate it

:thumbsup:

The Joyland 90p sticker is still cool tho

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Started a pair of GR.1s. One will be CDN Army and the other will be Royal Canadian Marines. Both green, but one with yellow and one with orange, very similar to the US Marines early examples.

Odd thing tho, the one GR.1 had this awful musty smell, like that little hole-in-the-wall hobby shop down in Glasgow had. I wonder if the kit had passed through there ?

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Some great stuff on here Cap'n C......great stuff indeed...... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Thank you sir ! I'll post a few progress pics tonite.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Cracked open the ols Esci GR.3 today and started it....how many Harriers are too many ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 29, 2014, 04:45:42 PM
....how many Harriers are too many ?

About five times as many as Hawker actually built?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Don't think I have that many.....but I can try ! Maybe in 350 or 700 scale  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

A couple of GR.1s.

Left is Army right is Marines.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?