The Captain's Neverending Supply of Harriers

Started by Captain Canada, March 21, 2005, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Kept cracking on with the Harriers last night. Working on ords etc. Got a few oleos painted and in place, and dug out the SHAR collection and the newer GRs.

Problem has arisen tho, as now I cannot recall what I was going to do with a few of them. I hate it when a plan comes together, only to be forgotten ! What was it we were saying about notes ?

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

For sure ! And the fact that it takes me 3 years to finish a kit...... :banghead:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Tank Farm : 4 large in the foreground for a 2 seater, the rest for a pair of GR.9s

The aforementioned GR.9s. One in each scheme supplied by the Airfix kit. First coat of brushed on paint.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Don't forget the SHARs ! Still deciding. I'd like to do the FRS.1 in a dark grey, maybe one FA.2 with a big red leaf marking on top. We'll see !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

We're number ( GR ) 1 !

Not much to report here. Painted the tanks. Prob gonna have CRV-7s on the wings.

Not sure what to do with this guy. Kinda drab, but I like the old, dirty look of a heavily used OCU bird. Hmmmm....maybe some orange bits ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

For some reason my Humbrol dark sea grey looks the same as the side colours....I didn't want too much demarcation but this is ridiculous. I despise the inconsistency of paint these days.....argh.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Good progress Capt.

As for paint inconsistency. I understand that was one of the reasons Humbrol have pulled production back to the UK. The new screw lid pots are far better as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Thank you sir !

Haven't seen the new pots here as yet.

I bought the EDSG in case this last tin of DSG was as light as the last 2. we'll see !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Was making good progress on the FRS.1, but now I can't find the pitot tube ! It's kinda messing with my mojo.....any excuse on a day like today !

I also noticed that I glued the outriggers on backwards on one of my GR.9s.....d'oh ! Must have been the beer doing that step  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Found it !

Might have a pair more 'up on their feet' tonite !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Actually had a pretty good run these last few days.....got the FRS.1 up on her feet, a GR.9 as well, and I pulled the old half-finished GR.5 from the box and opened up her gear doors ( she was going to be a flyer ) , dug thru the spares and found her original gear and tyres, and she's up on all 5 as well !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Put a base coat on the two FA.2s.

Did some work on the tanks.

Harriers.....

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got a pile done in the last few days ! I think everybody on the bench right now is pretty much ready for decals. Got a second coat on all the SHArs and a gloss cote on the army bird
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*