The Captain's Neverending Supply of Harriers

Started by Captain Canada, March 21, 2005, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

So where's the 6 bladed prop going ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

RotoHarrier ?

:thumbsup:

I figure the CDN armed services are the benefactor of surplus Sea Kings. Or, if we where going to fire up production again, we'd make them to Westland's standard !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Yeller CDN Army
Orange RCMarines

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Leaving the tail planes off was defo the way to go when painting these schemes ! In case anybody ends up doing a 'real' USMarines version  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

The Airfix kit has a one piece 'elevator' tailplane, and then the rudder attaches to a piece above that. If you look at the early generation Harriers, they have the olive green panels. The panel lines seperate the fuselage from the rudder. If you leave the pieces seperate they are way easier to paint, is all I'm saying.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 06, 2014, 09:01:22 AM
The Airfix kit has a one piece 'elevator' tailplane, and then the rudder attaches to a piece above that. If you look at the early generation Harriers, they have the olive green panels. The panel lines seperate the fuselage from the rudder. If you leave the pieces seperate they are way easier to paint, is all I'm saying.

I had to go look at my new GR.1 kit, I hadn't noticed that Todd.  Much better idea than the original kit (which I just happen to have right next to the new kit - the old GR.3 kit that is)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

The new Airfix Harriers are to die for !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

My LHS has a few of the new GR.3s in stock for me....and I started a new Sword Harrier. Love them Harriers !

:wub: :cheers: :tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I was just reading some reviews on the Sword Harriers....might as well see what I can do to make it easier on myself ! There are a few nice ones....one guy was making the sand and brown prototype/ sales a/c....gorgeous !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 12, 2014, 04:31:13 PM
one guy was making the sand and brown prototype/ sales a/c....gorgeous !

But G-VTOL looked a LOT better in her original red-blue-white scheme. I've been building one in that scheme for a while yet, but some way to go. See this thread http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,37986.0/highlight,g-vtol.html

Resin intakes are a good buy if you can get them, saves messing around getting the blow-in doors correct.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

I've been thinking how nice that Sidetrack conversion would look on a two-seater....be a bit of work to widen the nose for the radar but it would be nice to have an extra set of hands and eyes in the back seat eh ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got a second coat of green on both Harrier GR.1s and started on the T bird. Love the look/ shape of a T Harrier.

I have forgotten what colour of Humbrol green I used to love for RAF camo. It looked true to the Phantom colours, and I used it on everything ! Oh well, I hope to hit my LHS today and try and rectify that..... :thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?