The Captain's Neverending Supply of Harriers

Started by Captain Canada, March 21, 2005, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Humbrol 163, maybe? Or 75, for the more bluish alternative?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 12, 2014, 05:58:22 PM
I've been thinking how nice that Sidetrack conversion would look on a two-seater....be a bit of work to widen the nose for the radar but it would be nice to have an extra set of hands and eyes in the back seat eh ?

:cheers:

Just bought a set to do just that Todd
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

I forgot to buy paint !

Argh....oh well, we're off to London today going to check out McCormick's for the first time in 20 years or so....

And 163 and 75. Thanks I'll try and remember that !

Where from and how much to get it here Robert ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Nice little production line there Capt
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 14, 2014, 08:16:07 AM

Where from and how much to get it here Robert ?

Lonewulf Models Todd but the conversion comes with a trainer type rear fuselage too.  Unless you need a spare one it's not really needed on a T-Harrier sidetrack, you could write to Adrian and ask if you could buy the set without the tail like I did, but then I bought a complete set too so I could do the FA.2 sidetrack converion.

http://www.lonewulfmodels.co.uk/view_product.php?c_id=21&sc_id=51&p_id=3153
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

I never got to the model shop. Started walking from the passport office where my wife and kid were...and half an hour later realized the address was for the east portion of the road, not the west.....ugh.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

The GR.3 kit comes with 2 different noses and the GR.1 nose.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 14, 2014, 03:33:04 PM
I never got to the model shop. Started walking from the passport office where my wife and kid were...and half an hour later realized the address was for the east portion of the road, not the west.....ugh.

Don't get that problem in the UK. Longest road around here is a measured mile, most 1/2 a mile at most before the name changes  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

LOL....ya it was silly of me. But once I got back to point A and looked at the map again, I was over halfway there ! If I would have kept walking I could have been there and back and still had time to spare. Oh well, lesson learned. Well, noted anyway. For now..... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I wanted to update the weapons on the GR.1, so was looking for the CRV-7 pods from the newer GR kits. I have a box over here with 3 partly started Harriers in it. Over here are 3 more. A bunch of weapons in this box. Oh, here's 3 SHARs in various stages in this box....over here in a giant rubbermaid contaner are a few more.....madness ! I've got all the various bits mixed up here, there, and everywhere !

This count is 17 Harriers on the go right now. I really need to smarten up

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

So the GR.3 kits with all the GR.1 bits and the extra sprue for the .3

So you could build either.

:thumbsup:

Or use the GR.1 tail cone puffer thing to replace the one you already lost...... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Not sure how bothered you are, but the fin in the GR.3 kit is wrong: Airfix just added the RWR received to the front of the GR.1 fin, but they should have made the whole thing taller too. Freightdog do a cheap fix (don't know about postage though). He also does some other Harrier stuff, including the resin intakes for the Sword kit with the correct "at rest" blow-in door pattern.

GR.3 fin : http://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27_29&products_id=900&osCsid=qncwvunzokulfm

T.2/T.4 dropped door intakes : http://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27_29&products_id=803&osCsid=qncwvunzokulfm

GR.3 Blue Eric ECM pod : http://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27_29&products_id=932&osCsid=qncwvunzokulfm

GR.9 TERMA pod : http://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27_29&products_id=938&osCsid=qncwvunzokulfm

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Yes indeed, Colin Freightdog's Harrier intakes are magnificent, a good addition too almost any 1/72 'Jump Jet' kit.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

He definitely has some nice stuff, but not bothered with the tail height. I just build for the fun of it, nobody ( other than you folk on here ! ) sees my stuff, or really cares !

As for the intake doors on my Sword kits, that's simple. CDN Harriers spend so much time out in the field that they have a small positive air pressure fan running, keeping the doors blown shut. This helps prevent FOD damage during start up.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?