The Captain's Neverending Supply of Harriers

Started by Captain Canada, March 21, 2005, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Captain, i believe that if you ever found a magic lamp and had your three wishes, one would be to be the owner of every existing harrier jet... models and real aircraft too! Holding a pile of them against your chest and, like a mad scientist, screaming: "ALL MINE!"  :wacko:  :lol:
Then again, probably i've had one too many tonight...  ;D :drink:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

No, he'd own the factory AND all the tooling and he'd have them back in production..........  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Both scenarios sound believable.... :thumbsup: I do love them Harriers !

Whilst on the subject, I wonder why the Marines don't use the Sidewinder station ? I also wonder if they would now that they have the bits from the GR.9 ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Are the wings on the AV-8B+s wired for 'winders?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Ya they sometimes carry on or two on the outboard pylons
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 09, 2015, 12:43:00 PM
Both scenarios sound believable.... :thumbsup: I do love them Harriers !

Whilst on the subject, I wonder why the Marines don't use the Sidewinder station ? I also wonder if they would now that they have the bits from the GR.9 ?

That depends on the version you are talking about. The British GR5,7,9 &9A's all had an extra pylon in line with the outrigger which was for a Sidewinder, all other versions had to use the outer pylons modified to carry them, some GR3's were modified to carry two Sidewinders per outer pylon at the end of the Falklands War for use in the Air Defence Role until Port Stanley Airport was set up to allow Phantoms to operate from there.

Gondor

(29 Harrier Kits and counting with only one finished)
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

29 eh ? Nice ! I'd have to count mine but prob pretty close. Love that aeroplane !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 10, 2015, 07:20:31 AM
29 eh ? Nice ! I'd have to count mine but prob pretty close. Love that aeroplane !

This is the finished Harrier I have, a Sea Harrier F/A 3

I used the Revell boxing of the GR7 with the new radar nose sawn off the rear of a 1/84 SUU-23 gun pod. The BOZ pods that the Sidewinders are mounted on were taken from Hasegawa weapon set 12 with the missiles from various other weapon sets.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Oh yeah....that's a beauty right there ! Love the way it came out...and thanks for the tip on how you made the nose !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Here's what I'm on today : The green T.10 coming along nicely, and the GR.3+, or Super3. Tail from the Sword T.3, LERX from the new Airfix GR.7, probe from Airfix T, and the scratch built intakes for the more powerful Pegasus from cut off sidewinder tips hollowed out.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

What about cutting off the GR.3 nose and splicing on a Pave Spike pod or somat similar ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hornet97

looking very nice, and good to see some progress on your harriers too! ;D

Captain Canada

Thank you !

Here's a couple more pics, so you can see my fabbed up intakes.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hornet97

:wub:Long range, light strike for that harrier? Interesting looks very good wish I could get my projects to look that nice but modelers ADD stops that! ;D