ModelKraft 2024

Started by Nick, January 03, 2024, 12:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 16, 2024, 04:37:21 AMBit like the A19 the best thing out of Sunderland.

North or South  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Been looking at the possibilities of getting to this, and if I'm honest it's not really on. It's about 2 1/2 hours from home to MK Central and then the venues another couple of miles from the station. On top of that it's Cup Final Day and guess where the trains run through ? Yup, Wembley Central. So it looks as though I need to save my money for the Northern Show.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

This is the blurb sent out from the hosts. As you will see they have only given us one table. so this is going to be tight for space.

QuoteJoining instructions for ModelKraft 2024 – keep with you on the stand for fire procedures.

Thank you for your support to the show. I can now provide you with specific information for your location and the venue arrangements. More information and directions on MKSMC.CO.UK

Club SIG    What If? SIG

Tables Allocated
1  @ 1.8m wide x 0.9m deep in pitch 1.8m deep

Hall Code   
S  (Community,G-Block,  Sport, Theatre)

Table identifier   
Yellow   table 3   Blue (wall) Yellow (inboard)

Notes   
Near Cov & Warks

Set Up – Saturday

All halls from 08:30-09:45

Break down – from 16:00 all cleared away by 16:30

Unloading & Parking up

On arrival at the Venue parking Marshalls will direct you. Be aware of the Hall you are in and the maps on the web site will help you. Most clubs are on the inside of the hall rather than on the wall.

Loading at the end of the show.

Take great care of passing trader vehicles and trolleys as there will be a mass exodus of Traders Clubs and SIG exhibitors making their way out of the venue from 16:00 when you will be permitted to start loading up.

Wrist bands - will be allocated on arrival – 3 per club and 2 per SIG and must be worn throughout the show.

Cash contactless etc – It will help us enormously if any extra members setting up can bring cash for the extra bands.

Important things to note – The school does not permit vaping, smoking or alcohol on the campus – designated space for smoking is off campus.
Some layouts may be tight for space behind your stands so bear in mind and consider convening in open areas if you are a bigger club.
Also consider bringing spare foldable chairs in case we are short in your area.
There is a cafeteria on site with seating and picnic benches.
This year we do not permit under table selling to support the traders who in turn primarily fund  us to put on the show.
Please be vigilant for model damage and theft from clubs and traders.

Evacuation and Fire Procedures

1.      Leave the building from the nearest fire exit and go towards the MUGA (or School Field).

2.      If you have restricted mobility - please be aware of the exits on arrival to site, making your Club leader and Marshalls are aware of your disability. If evacuation is necessary, on exiting the site please contact our Marshalls to identify your location.

3.      Do not re-enter the school until you have been told to do so by a Marshall or Site Member or the Lettings Supervisor.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Martin H

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2024, 03:59:43 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 23, 2024, 03:17:55 AMJoyless fascists...

Well they do live in Milton Keynes.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Thankfully, I live across the border in Northants. Where MK is looked apon as the spoilt brat of the naiborhood.
Unfortunately,

The Wooksta!

From the one time I've been, it had all the warmth and charm of a mass grave.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

A mate used to live there.  Whenever I visited and we went out we'd always go somewhere else.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Hmmm, looks like a waste of time trekking the 110+ miles over there for only one table's worth of space.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Martin H

It was a good show. Certainly reduced in size from its previous incarnations. Even so, it was spread across 3 resonably sized halls. for what is a small(ish) school
We were in the sports hall, which kinda reminded me of the show when it was held in the now long gone Bletchly liesure centre.

I took a few pics which should be viewable at https://imageshack.com/a/9DA17/1
Unfortunately,

Beermonster58

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 16, 2024, 04:37:21 AMBit like the A19 the best thing out of Sunderland.
Having been to Sunderland on several occasions, I'd concur that ANY way out is a good thing.
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Beermonster58 on May 28, 2024, 12:30:37 AM
Having been to Sunderland on several occasions, I'd concur that ANY way out is a good thing.

I'm considering going to a gig there later in the year.  Peter Hook?  One of my heroes but it's in Sunderland...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Old Wombat

Unfortunately tht link doesn't work for me, Martin.

It goes to your page but no pic's, just the header. :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est