ModelKraft 2024

Started by Nick, January 03, 2024, 12:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

The Milton Keynes Model Show is back in 2024. This time it's at a new and smaller venue than previously. No thanks to the Stadium MK Marshall Arena demanding ridiculous amounts for their venue after the very good 2022 show.
http://mksmc.co.uk/show/

Saturday 25th May 2024 10:00-16:00
Oakgrove Secondary School
Milton Keynes
MK10 9JQ

I know that my club has been offered a single 6ft table and 2 chairs. We can easily use twice that space. It is a little underwhelming.
I have offered to build a smaller Concorde for display should we attend  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on January 03, 2024, 12:20:22 PMI know that my club has been offered a single 6ft table and 2 chairs. We can easily use twice that space. It is a little underwhelming.
I have offered to build a smaller Concorde for display should we attend  ;D

With only one table it's hardly worth my bother driving 220 miles there and back. How many tables will the umpteen Brampton based clubs/SIGs get I wonder? :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Tempting, there is a top notch curry house nearby I'd love to revisit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Interesting that it's on a Saturday. Normally much easier to get to public transport wise  :thumbsup:

It's in the diary but need to see what happens regarding the current ASLEF dispute.

Cheers Nick

Edit : Looking at some of the street/site names on that map you can tell MK is a New Town  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

It's a god awful place with all the warmth and charm of a mass grave.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 04, 2024, 04:41:45 AMIt's a god awful place with all the warmth and charm of a mass grave.

Unfortunately like a lot of New Towns Lee. I feel sorry for the youngsters who have to grow up in them, now't to do  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Well. Despite the blurb on their webpage saying all those who attended in 22 will be contacted. They havent contacted me yet.
If I havent heard from them by the Bolton show I will have a chat with the MK crowd there (they usual attend Bolton)

And before any one asks. Yes I am checking my spam file on a daily basis.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Nick

There's something strange going on regarding MK24. I think the new venue may be too small.

I am told that over on the IPMS Branch and SIG leaders Facebook page the show organiser is encouraging clubs to drop out. This is to provide more room to those who want to be there. Which sounds rather counter productive seeing that if you've asked for a table then you would want to be there anyway.

They could only offer my club a single 6ft table and refused to offer more. Considering how many of us were likely to want space behind the table there it wouldn't be enough. So we've pulled out.

kitbasher

🤔 what an odd state of affairs.

Quote from: Martin H on January 05, 2024, 11:24:12 AMWell. Despite the blurb on their webpage saying all those who attended in 22 will be contacted. They havent contacted me yet.
If I havent heard from them by the Bolton show I will have a chat with the MK crowd there (they usual attend Bolton)

Did you hear anything, Martin?

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

Quote from: kitbasher on March 17, 2024, 11:38:31 AM🤔 what an odd state of affairs.

Quote from: Martin H on January 05, 2024, 11:24:12 AMWell. Despite the blurb on their webpage saying all those who attended in 22 will be contacted. They havent contacted me yet.

Did you hear anything, Martin?

Yes, I did in the end
We are booked in. we have limited space as does every other club / SIG that is attending.
This will be the 4th venue ive attended with this show. So im curious to see how it goes.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Beermonster58

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 05, 2024, 06:22:56 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 04, 2024, 04:41:45 AMIt's a god awful place with all the warmth and charm of a mass grave.

Unfortunately like a lot of New Towns Lee. I feel sorry for the youngsters who have to grow up in them, now't to do  :-\
I can relate to that. I grew up in Glenrothes and, my partner grew up in Cumbernauld. Perhaps the only place in Scotland that's bleaker and, more depressing is East Kilbride! I'll bet the architects and planners of these God awful New Towns never actually live in any of them.
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 18, 2024, 12:13:24 AMPerhaps the only place in Scotland that's bleaker and, more depressing is East Kilbride! I'll bet the architects and planners of these God awful New Towns never actually live in any of them.

Heavens, awful memories. I had a big contract working at the NEL during the 70s - 80s and trying to find a decent hotel to stay near East Kilbride was always a problem. I'm almost glad the NEL closed down. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Sadly unable to make the show due to family obligations.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Beermonster58

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 18, 2024, 04:12:42 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 18, 2024, 12:13:24 AMPerhaps the only place in Scotland that's bleaker and, more depressing is East Kilbride! I'll bet the architects and planners of these God awful New Towns never actually live in any of them.

Heavens, awful memories. I had a big contract working at the NEL during the 70s - 80s and trying to find a decent hotel to stay near East Kilbride was always a problem. I'm almost glad the NEL closed down. :(
Best  thing to ever come out of East Kilbride is the train to Glasgow Central
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

The Wooksta!

Bit like the A19 the best thing out of Sunderland.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: