Anyone built the Hasegawa F-8 E?

Started by chrisonord, January 03, 2024, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

As above in 1/72nd scale. I have just put the fuselage missile rails on the one I am building and the pylons are staggered. I know the uppermost missile rails sit at different angles, as I have seen it on head on pictures when rhey have had Zuni launchers on, but I can't see the fuselage pylons being staggered too, is this right? I think I will leave it as is whether right or not, as I am not in the mood for getting the calipers out, and the drill to be honest.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on January 03, 2024, 02:37:52 PMAs above in 1/72nd scale. I have just put the fuselage missile rails on the one I am building and the pylons are staggered. I know the uppermost missile rails sit at different angles, as I have seen it on head on pictures when rhey have had Zuni launchers on, but I can't see the fuselage pylons being staggered too, is this right? I think I will leave it as is whether right or not, as I am not in the mood for getting the calipers out, and the drill to be honest.

Doesn't show a double missile loadout, but you can see the pylon placement Chris. Does this help ? Or have I nissunderstood the question ?

You cannot view this attachment.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

@NARSES2  Morning Chris, when looked at from above, the main fuselage pylonsare staggered, as in on is further forward than the other, a good 5mm I would say. I will take a picture later.

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on January 04, 2024, 01:23:57 AM@NARSES2  Morning Chris, when looked at from above, the main fuselage pylonsare staggered, as in on is further forward than the other, a good 5mm I would say. I will take a picture later.

I take it that you are saying that the Port fuselage pylon is a different distance from the nose than the Starbourd fuselage pylon?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on January 04, 2024, 01:28:25 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on January 04, 2024, 01:23:57 AM@NARSES2  Morning Chris, when looked at from above, the main fuselage pylonsare staggered, as in on is further forward than the other, a good 5mm I would say. I will take a picture later.

I take it that you are saying that the Port fuselage pylon is a different distance from the nose than the Starbourd fuselage pylon?

Gondor
Yes

NARSES2

Gondor
Quote from: chrisonord on January 04, 2024, 01:31:47 AM

Gondor
Yes

Right. I misunderstood, apologies
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I've built one.  I whiffed it.  Can't remember what the OOB pylon mounts were like.

Sorry.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on January 04, 2024, 02:39:58 AMI've built one.  I whiffed it.  Can't remember what the OOB pylon mounts were like.

Sorry.

Me, too. Even though any top view drawing of an F-8E I know shows the stations/hardpoints symmetrically - but I would not bet on this, since the IFR probe fairing could certainly affect the available space on the aircraft's left side,

chrisonord

Thankyou everyone for your input, very much appreciated. I have taken the decision to put them on using the technical term of "Skew wiff",wiff being the operative word of course. ;D

Pellson

Quote from: chrisonord on January 04, 2024, 08:44:30 AMThankyou everyone for your input, very much appreciated. I have taken the decision to put them on using the technical term of "Skew wiff",wiff being the operative word of course. ;D
Should you be able to wait another day, I'll happily dig out one of mine and have a look, but I'm not at home until tomorrow.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

chrisonord

Quote from: Pellson on January 04, 2024, 10:53:41 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on January 04, 2024, 08:44:30 AMThankyou everyone for your input, very much appreciated. I have taken the decision to put them on using the technical term of "Skew wiff",wiff being the operative word of course. ;D
Should you be able to wait another day, I'll happily dig out one of mine and have a look, but I'm not at home until tomorrow.
Its ok, I have glued it on now, it will just give the Styrene Stasi something else to moan about, which can only be a good thing.

zenrat

OK, I think i have solved it.  I had a peek inside a box (finding it contained approx 1.8 kits - something I had forgotten).
The holes in the fuselage halves are asymmetrical because the pylons are "handed".  The location pins are different distances apart so they are not glued on the "wrong*" way round.

Holes.  Note front holes are aligned, rear holes are not.
Hasegawa Crusader 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Pylons showing pins.  LH pylon on top.
Hasegawa Crusader 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

*obviously the concept of wrong is irrelevant in whiffland.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

What do you do with 0.8 of a Crusader?  :-\

Ah yes, build an A-7 of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

Quote from: zenrat on January 04, 2024, 02:39:58 AMI've built one.  I whiffed it.  Can't remember what the OOB pylon mounts were like.

Sorry.

The same here [https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?]topic=52365.msg1023947#msg1023947 - I didn't use the fuselage mounted pylons
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures