Magic Factory 1/35 MRZR D4 Ultra-light Tactical All-terrain Vehicle

Started by frank2056, January 04, 2024, 12:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 28, 2024, 10:38:04 PMAre you sure you couldn't squeeze in another MG or two? It seems a bit under-gunned... :o  ;)

Yeah, it's a ridiculous number of weapons. But I guess it keeps the Marines busy.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: frank2056 on January 29, 2024, 02:18:45 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 28, 2024, 10:38:04 PMAre you sure you couldn't squeeze in another MG or two? It seems a bit under-gunned... :o  ;)

Yeah, it's a ridiculous number of weapons. But I guess it keeps the Marines busy.

A Busy Marine Is A Marine Staying Out Of Trouble. (This applies to other Services also.)
Unless they're busy causing trouble, of course.

I wonder about the longevity of those things, with all the weight of Beef/Weaponry/Ordnance. But there again, it's a combat vehicle, so that'll be the last of its' worries.

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 29, 2024, 10:49:11 PM
Quote from: frank2056 on January 29, 2024, 02:18:45 PM

A Busy Marine Is A Marine Staying Out Of Trouble. (This applies to other Services also.)
Unless they're busy causing trouble, of course.

I wonder about the longevity of those things, with all the weight of Beef/Weaponry/Ordnance. But there again, it's a combat vehicle, so that'll be the last of its' worries.
Rick you needn't worry about the strength side of these little beasts.
Unlike the civilian types these have upgraded everything..suspension...steering..weld joints ..even seat belts and their mounting points .
About the only things it shares with the civilian machines are the wheels and tyres .
The weapons and weapons mounts are optional extras on civilian models 😀  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on January 30, 2024, 11:04:40 AMRick you needn't worry about the strength side of these little beasts.
Unlike the civilian types these have upgraded everything..suspension...steering..weld joints ..even seat belts and their mounting points .
About the only things it shares with the civilian machines are the wheels and tyres .
The weapons and weapons mounts are optional extras on civilian models 😀  :wacko:

Good to know, with the Harms' Way they need top get into and out of.

Ideal for Possum/Goat/Deer shooting, then!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 31, 2024, 12:25:36 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on January 30, 2024, 11:04:40 AMRick you needn't worry about the strength side of these little beasts.

Those are all lightweights.  Pigs would be more of a challenge.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on January 31, 2024, 02:41:09 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 31, 2024, 12:25:36 AM

Those are all lightweights.  Pigs would be more of a challenge.

True - I had forgotten them. And with hogs, something belt-fed would be a definite advantage!

frank2056

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully, not a train...

Stgna-P from the ICM kit. I added some of the visible cabling and some carry handles made from tape. The ammo box in the cargo area was shortened - the original box would have fit except for the equipment box on the left side:

Here's another look at the Stugna-P. The cable is 30AWG wire wrap wire. The display is from a decal sheet i made a while ago:

This is the temporarily headless crew from the ICM kit. They still need some cleanup. The Javelin is a resin kit from DANmodels. I may try some Ukrainian decals on the figures:

I used a dichroic film on the IR sensor. The effect is sort of visible here:

Wardukw

Awesome Frank 👌 😍

Does that Javelin come with the targeting unit ?
That's just a transport/launch tube .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

Quote from: Wardukw on February 01, 2024, 08:31:39 PMAwesome Frank 👌 😍

No, sadly. I wanted to use these up since they're only the tube. I have another complete weapon in resin and a couple from the Magic Factory NATO weapons set.

Wardukw

Quote from: frank2056 on February 02, 2024, 08:26:18 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on February 01, 2024, 08:31:39 PMAwesome Frank 👌 😍

No, sadly. I wanted to use these up since they're only the tube. I have another complete weapon in resin and a couple from the Magic Factory NATO weapons set.
Well not a problem..these little beasts work in groups ..scout units and tank hunters ..yours is just carrying a spare missile  :thumbsup:

frank2056

I think I'm done with this. No, I know I'm done with this build!

Tank Hunting in Crimea - in search of the last few mobile Russian tanks:

I really ran out of steam with the figures. I used a Ukranian digital uniform camo decal that worked OK, but just couldn't get motivated to fully paint and detail them. The figures are from the ICM Stugna-P set and are basically OOB except for the arm bands. The Javelin is from the Magic Factory NATO weapons set:

Yes, that's an AT-4 anti-tank weapon haphazardly tossed in the front passenger's area. This is based in part on some videos I've seen from an American fighting in Ukraine -  he's the gunner in a HMMWV and in some of his videos he's firing off AT4s that are just rolling around in his turret.

I'm glad to finally finish these two vehicles. Now I'll clean up my work bench and take a break before I tackle another project. Thanks for looking and commenting!

Wardukw

Bloody beautiful mate 👌 😍
When ya don't want to go ..the paint won't flow..mojo buddy ..lost it many times figure painting ..still tho..looks fecking great from where I'm sitting with my feet up  ;D

Rick Lowe

Looks good to me, too. :thumbsup:
And you can always revisit the figures later.