Neutral Airliners in 1940

Started by TomZ, January 06, 2024, 10:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

In 1940 the Dutch, Belgian and Danish airlines painted their airliners bright orange to clearly indicate their neutrality to any foreign fighters.

This meant that the Belgian Ju-86 and Dutch He-111 airliners also flew in this orange schemes:

After the surrender of the Dutch and Belgian forces the remining aircraft were impressed in the Lufthansa.

Models: Italeri & Roden 1/72

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Rick Lowe

:thumbsup:

Makes an interesting change from early-war splinter.

loupgarou

That's an unusual idea and choice, and a very good realization! Congratulations.  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PFJN

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hotte

kitbasher

Top work, Tom - very striking models 👍
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Dizzyfugu

Vulcan7

Beautiful looking builds, great colour  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Glenn Gilbertson

The Wooksta!

My eyes!  My eyes!

IIRC, there were no He 111 transports exported and only Turkey and Spain got any bombers in the pre war period*.  There were very few Cs built (less than a dozen ?) and many were rebuilt with the straight wing.  The early He 111s, those with the stepped nose, are quite intriguing.
And congratulations for getting the ill-fitting horror  that is the Roden kit together, let alone painted.

*Turkey apparently received a load of He 111H wreckage salvaged from examples shot down over the UK during the Battle of Britain and then the Blitz.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Nice ! They look so similar I had to do a couple double takes.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!