Land speed record Lighning

Started by loupgarou, January 08, 2024, 09:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Maybe the stock car guys can get so decals for you.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

loupgarou

Quote from: kerick on January 18, 2024, 03:02:33 PMMaybe the stock car guys can get so decals for you.

I can print the decals myself. The problem is reducing the logos and keeping them readable. Have some car decals in 1/87, but am afraid not the right images.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

I find that reducing the images in size, step by step, works a lot better than shrinking them to the final size in one go.

Not quite sure why that should work, but it does with my software, PSP V 4.0.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

I am following along as I also planned a Lightning for the LSR build years ago that got no further than buying the kit and drawing up some ideas. 

I was thinking of naming it the White Lightning but really want to do it in British Racing Green.  We shall see.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 18, 2024, 07:50:33 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on January 18, 2024, 02:02:13 AMIt it were a german contender, I could have added, for ex., a Beate Uhse logo, but I don't know an analog british chain.  :rolleyes:

Having read up on Beate Uhse, I'd say your nearest equivalent would be 'Ann Summers' or 'Honour'.  ;D  ;)

Mate of mine's mate is the Ann Summers warehouse manager  :rolleyes:  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 20, 1970, 09:47:54 AMquote author=NARSES2 link=msg=1029007 date=1705674606]

They must find it an uplifting experience.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on January 19, 2024, 11:23:05 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 20, 1970, 09:47:54 AMquote author=NARSES2 link=msg=1029007 date=1705674606]

Actually he's thoroughly embarrassed  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 20, 2024, 06:08:23 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on January 19, 2024, 11:23:05 PMThey must find it an uplifting experience.

Whatever pays the gas and electricity bills................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Probably sick of being asked how many monster sex toys did ya send out today 🙄 🙃  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

perttime

Images tend to stay sharp if you can work on them as Vector graphics - as long as you don't go smaller than your printer can handle. Turning pixel graphics into vector can be easy - or very tricky indeed. Depends.

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on January 20, 2024, 10:52:36 AM

Probably sick of being asked how many monster sex toys did ya send out today 🙄 🙃  ;D

To which you reply "why sir, has yours not arrived yet?"
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

This has to be THE most extreme thread drift ever!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 21, 2024, 04:46:13 AMThis has to be THE most extreme thread drift ever!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

loupgarou

Having more or less managed to tame my decal paper problem  :rolleyes:  I am proceeding. BTW, I am learning to use the rudiments of Inkscape, as in order to have decent logos, I had to use vector SVG images. The only one I haven't found in SVG is the main sponsor, Honour, had to use a PNG.
A problem is that colours are NOT very opaque,  AND, of course, I cannot print white, so I had to use a white paper, not transparent, moving the logos ver a black rectangle, it leaves some white over the cuts, wil be a mess to retoush.
The "serious" sponsors are a mix of those used by Thrust SSC and Bloodhound.

A question for the forum:
I don't lke the Dunlop "arrow" pointing backward on one side, but it's the way had been done on the Thrust SSC.

I have tweaked the file to correct this. What do you think? Should I change the decal?

PR19_Kit

One way I've found on minimising the white edge with decals printed on white paper is to trim them with the blade at an angle.

Angle it so the tip of the blade points underneath the decal itself and that means the colour side overlaps the white edge.

It's not 100% but it helps a lot. Here's a sheet I supply with some of my decals for other members here.

Regards
Kit