Random humorous in joke title that means sod all to you

Started by The Wooksta!, January 18, 2024, 07:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

You know I'm a sucker for Blohm und Voss stuff and this kit was one of my favourites.  I bought one at a show in 1996 and had it together by the end of the day.  I don't have it any more.

Fast forward ten years and I spy one in a box at Telford.  Mine!  Willie was annoyed but relaxed when I explained what was going to happen to it.  It fell into rubber and got cloned.  I cast several, assembled one and then forgot about it.

It was rediscovered recently and it ticks a few boxes, so time for a revisit.

I like the thread title. It stays.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

You cannot view this attachment.

Obligatory box lid.  Toad's packaging was always quite distinctive

Box contents.  The white metal has disappeared, along with the instructions.  They were often a highlight of Toad's kits. Full of humour and tips, you got the feeling that the manufacturer was one of us.

However, this was one of Toad's last kits, as his usual casting partners had a falling out and dragged Toad down for a time. The individual who did the mastering, moulding and casting for the later kits was an absolute shark. The quality wasn't there and soon, neither was Toad.
There's a great deal more to the story, but not for an open forum.

Some of my clones.  I can do much better now.

And progress so far.  The wing has had a few sink holes filled and needs another coat.  The fuselage/tail boom needs some filling and sanding as the transition is a bit crap.

No, still not changing the title.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Wooksta!

It's correctly a skew wing.

And no, I'm not changing the title.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kerick

Don't change the title! At all! Ever!
Looks interesting. Did anyone ever build this, or was it just on paper?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

chrisonord

This lools like something I would build too, I shall be watxhing this.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

NASA built a similar thing in the 1970s and it flew.  The Blohm und Voss proposal remained on paper.

Richard Vogt was one to push the envelope of design, with cutting edge proposals that to the layman look completely insane.  No realistic procurement office were likely to put any into production, let alone service.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Scheme?  I'm going for another late war patchwork camo, with an NMF fuselage with 02 panel lines, 02 nosecone, 81/82/76 wing, 82/83 fin and rudder with a mixture of colours for the tailplanes.  It may get an RVD band on the tail, but I don't know what yet. 

Obviously, they lost, so overpainted RAF roundels and an Air Min number.

I am considering another one or perhaps two, because to display it's unique selling point the U/C has to be up.  The third one would be part dismantled on a Queen Mary trailer.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

Typically over-thought attempt at obscure humour which will probably be misinterpreted as some sort of snarky dig,

I think we should all petition Lee to NEVER change the thread title so that he has to do it just to remain a rebel... :wacko: 
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Weaver on January 18, 2024, 08:56:15 PMTypically over-thought attempt at obscure humour which will probably be misinterpreted as some sort of snarky dig,

I think we should all petition Lee to NEVER change the thread title so that he has to do it just to remain a rebel... :wacko: 

Adding my vote to NOT change the thread title...  ;D  :thumbsup:

kerick

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 18, 2024, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: Weaver on January 18, 2024, 08:56:15 PMTypically over-thought attempt at obscure humour which will probably be misinterpreted as some sort of snarky dig,

Adding my vote to NOT change the thread title...  ;D  :thumbsup:

The anthem of old folks...never change!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise