B17 XCD , advanced Flying Fortress

Started by killnoizer, January 19, 2024, 11:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killnoizer

Yesterday i spend the first little color on the wing intakes and put the wings together . 

Now i can work on many different things the same time and i can SEE a plane like thing ☺️.

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

NARSES2

Quote from: killnoizer on January 21, 2024, 06:50:12 AMThanks to my very old dad, he gifted me at Christmas with a nice collection of very old and fine files in top quality , some of them are 80 years old ( my grandfather was a high qualified metal worker  in germany  ) . It is such a pleasure to work with vintage tools like that ! 

My maternal grandfather was a Shipwright and I have some of his old woodworking tools, and yes there is something about using them.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

killnoizer

Day 9.

Come together ...  Check the Silhouette with engines mounted .

Looks good for me .  Lot of fine sanding . 

Captain Canada

Lots of work going into this one ! Very nice. Looking forward to seeing more.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

killnoizer

Unfortunately the wing bases are not 100% correct in place , i have to ad 1,5 mm sheet to push the wings in the right angle .

I have also found two bigger wheels for the rear gear and build a nice tail / centre Spinner from a rocket part and a tank wheel .
For the coming front wheel i can use the standard main wheels . Both 😀 .

SPINNERS

killnoizer

Today a bit tired and lazy ...
 Miss Killnoizer had the nice idea to complete this build and take it to the next show unpainted . 
 Not a bad Idea 😀 .

I will close the last gaps this evening ,  the surface of the hull is very nice to touch , the zillions of little rivets feel good 👍 .

PR19_Kit

A great idea, it shows the average viewer how it's all done.

Many years ago, in the mid 70s, I built an RW RAF Spitfire Mk XII using parts from a FROG Mk XIV, an Airfix Mk V, a Revell Mk 1 and something else too, and for many years we had it on our club stand at shows without being painted just to show people what a 'conversion' was.  ;D  Eventually I painted the underside, and many MANY years later I painted the top as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Devilfish

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 24, 2024, 12:44:26 PMA great idea, it shows the average viewer how it's all done.

Many years ago, in the mid 70s, I built an RW RAF Spitfire Mk XII using parts from a FROG Mk XIV, an Airfix Mk V, a Revell Mk 1 and something else too, and for many years we had it on our club stand at shows without being painted just to show people what a 'conversion' was.  ;D  Eventually I painted the underside, and many MANY years later I painted the top as well.

I get that with my big wing TSR2 PR.  Everyone asks what the wings are off, and I tell them it's actually 2 sets of TSR wings with lots of filler bits.....

killnoizer

... So that is the way to go , maybe i can ad a boneyard with the unused parts of the second Kit  :wacko:

And i want to use cutted masks for the signs and paint, no decals , to keep the surface .
I can ad some main signs without any basic paint ,  that's a easy job , my wife can cut that in the next room at home machine controlled 😍 .

The rear spinner is in place, the last bits in the hull,  not much to do before the wings come on .

The rear end should be done , i have to make fine lines for the props, that would be done much better without the mighty wings on it .

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I'm very impressed with the accuracy of your cuts to match the various parts up. Do you use any special technique to do that? I'm darned if I could do it that well.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit