An even older hangar queen: the Dornier Do-28Z

Started by loupgarou, January 20, 2024, 01:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Going deeper in my pile of half-built kit, I decided to resurrect this one, forgotten since 2012.  :rolleyes:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=35889.msg574590#msg574590

Mandatory photo (sorry, photo taken 2 days ago, but forgot to post earlier)

As I am in painting mode, I could as well move this build, that was at this stage.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Wardukw

Ohhh this looks cool ..I'm keeping a very close eye on this matey 😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

loupgarou

At last, managed to print and apply decals to the fuselage sides, now assembly can continue.
The national code XW is the only one not in use, when I checked, so I am free to use it for my ghost delivery service, the one that goes where Zenrat Industries' henchmen don't dare to fly  ;D ...
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

That looks promising. And it's easy to do, thanks to the aircraft's boxy shape.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on March 29, 2024, 08:06:34 AMThe national code XW is the only one not in use, when I checked, so I am free to use it for my ghost delivery service, the one that goes where Zenrat Industries' henchmen don't dare to fly  ;D ...

Ah Trade Wars brewing  ;D  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

The Do-28Z is taking shape. Now, after protecting the sides, some PSR work on fuselages top and bottom.
The inward-looking windows have been blanked off, as our unruly passengers used to make rude gestures from one fuselage to the other, and that brought to fistfights upon landing.  :rolleyes:

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 30, 2024, 03:48:43 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on March 29, 2024, 08:06:34 AMThe national code XW is the only one not in use, when I checked, so I am free to use it for my ghost delivery service, the one that goes where Zenrat Industries' henchmen don't dare to fly  ;D ...

Ah Trade Wars brewing  ;D  ;D

:thumbsup:  Bring it on.  :mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on March 30, 2024, 04:13:56 AMThe inward-looking windows have been blanked off, as our unruly passengers used to make rude gestures from one fuselage to the other, and that brought to fistfights upon landing.  :rolleyes:

Hehehehe, I wonder if the pax did that when flying in the SM-55Xs?   ;D

It's the only twin fuselage'd airliner I can think of!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on March 30, 2024, 04:13:56 AMThe inward-looking windows have been blanked off, as our unruly passengers used to make rude gestures from one fuselage to the other, and that brought to fistfights upon landing.  :rolleyes:

;D  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

This is very cool..I do love a twin engined aircraft ..but here we have a triple engined bird ..that's weird and a first for me..I like that 😳 😅 😆
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

loupgarou

Some PSR on the fuselage halves junctions later, and many white coats, the build is advancing: wings attached.
Unfortunately, the plane had suffered some damage trying to enter a too narrow hangar  :rolleyes:  and the technical crew had to fit wings from the aircraft of our consociate "Trans-desert Airways" with its characteristic colour scheme.

NARSES2

Wardukw

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..