Apocalyptic Mobile Heavy Transport rework 😁

Started by Wardukw, January 20, 2024, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Hahaha ..Fred mate  ;D

Weathering will be a kinda challenge...challenge in a way that's it's not a normal drive train I'm used to weathering..still have an idea, though 🤔 😉

Least movement has been made on this now and I'll hopefully have proof of that later today..weather permitting  ;D
Looks like another wet one here today.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on March 03, 2024, 02:59:41 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on March 02, 2024, 12:08:30 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 02, 2024, 11:48:42 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on March 02, 2024, 11:43:16 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 02, 2024, 11:29:24 AMAnd copious amounts of Mashed Zombie Sludge...  ;D
Ohhh chunky bits stuck in places ya don't want chunky bits stuck  ;D  ;D

Nothing a high-pressure hose and someone on Sarge's Sh!t List can't fix...
Problem is this ain't military..so it will be luck of the draw ..straws at high noon  :wacko:

I'm looking forward to the weathering on the running gear.  Can we expect the odd body part wedged up in there?  :wacko:

Be silly not to take the opportunity... a good way to use up cr@ppy figures... :lol:

Wardukw

Rick for me at least that's not in my ballpark..trying to make mangled body bits wouldn't work and with these tracks being the way they are it would look like just a flattened something stuck in the tracks ..if it would be stuck at all .
Once ya see em you'll see why ..once I get the bloody pics up that is .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Ok boys ...youve been semi patient  ;D

Its Friday and my day is done so i have time to rest before loading up my car full of tools to go out tomorrow and work on my mates Toyota Hilux Surf .
Now i missed  up with the pics ,,,i was going to take quite a few so you guys can get an idea how i made these track units ,,but i didnt  :lol:

I kinda got a bit to into it and then ya know ...nearly done...still a bit more work to go but what i envisaged is whats happening ..happy about that .

So without a further ado ...heres the rebuild idea .

DSCF4524 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4525 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4526 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4527 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4528 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

If you guys want to see how i made these ill take more imformative pics when i build the rears ,,which are much longer  :o  :wacko:

frank2056

Looks fantastic! I love how the tracks drape. Take more pictures. Besides Star Wars, I've seen RC tanks with that same raised central drive wheel.

Rick Lowe

D9 Caterpillar... combined with a Snocat for the extended width tracks.

Cool, Phill - keep it up!  :thumbsup:

Be a B!tch to turn, though. Still; Not My Problem!  ;D

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 08, 2024, 02:44:20 AMThose are REALLY 'low flotation tracks'!  :o

You'll need them, for traversing all the Zombie Mush they'll generate...  ;)

zenrat

:wub:

I was picturing your grousers being pyramidal, like on a swamp dozer.

But this is ace.   :thumbsup:
Just the thing for when the permafrost melts and the zombie mammoths arise...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

That's awesome!! What a great idea! I may steal that someday.
I remember seeing that camo.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

I'm probably wrong (I'll check the original build thread later) but I'm thinking that there are more changes here than just those awesome tracks.

Nice work, Phill! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Thanks Gentlmens 😊 😊

Frank I promise there will be more pics 📸 😉
The trape on the tracks did turn out better than I thought ..there link and lenght so needs to be curved by hand with gental bending ..the back set will be interesting..there going to be 2 to 3 road wheels longer 😎

Rick this thing has articulated steering ..it's turning circle will be about a week 🙃
But what it's designed for it's turning ain't to much a problem..I am going to hunt down some brakes tho so that the inside turning track can be slowed down to permit better steering on the rears .

Fred the swampy tracks was the idea from the get go but then the math started to hit and the word bullocks got used  :o
I'd need 4mm angle to make em..then 5.2mm strip to make plate em .. then would need to cover all the ends and the amount of 4mm angle would have been scary to say the least 🙄
So I went with 2.5 mm and made like a snowcat  :thumbsup:   

Frank and Ken ..thanks guys  ;D  ;D ...Ken mate if ya wanna nick it then please bud go for it 👍  :wacko:
But be warned..you'll need a lot of coffee/tea ..tobacco if ya smoke ..it helps 😆 🤣

Guy...you might be right ..or you might not be 😁😁😈