Apocalyptic Mobile Heavy Transport rework 😁

Started by Wardukw, January 20, 2024, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

I'm saving a spot for this as this is the spot to make me finish it and from what I've seen some of you blokes want me too 😉

I'll put up all the legal stuff shortly 😊

Big changes ahead for this chaps .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Finished will be great! I've been keeping an eye on this one as it has so much possibility.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

I did mention it in the original thread but ill mention it again here as of course like usual I've modified the plans again  ;D

It's still getting converted to tracks and was going to use King Tiger tracks but now it's getting M1A2 Abrams tracks back and front ..fact it's all gonna be M1..drive sprockets..road wheels  ...ive got em so that's what I'm gonna use ..if I had a heap more russian tank road wheels I'd use them ..ones like T-62 or T-55 would look better ..balance the size in relation to the size of the vehicle...im gonna hunt thru the stash and see what can be nicked  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Right a wee update with pics to follow shortly.

The tank of choice is the M1A2 Abrams...scored some very cheap knock off Trumpeter ones...or Trumpeter allows  these dudes I make but either way it makes no never mind to me..they were cheap and perfect for my needs 😀

The first part of the rework is about 75% done which I'm happy with and I know one thing with absolute certainty..im going to need a heap more 2.5mm angle styrene strips...you'll soon find out why  :wacko: 

Rick Lowe

Wardukw

No no no good sir  ;D

Very much closer to the ground matey 👍

Rick Lowe

Must be for the Zombie Plough supports, then.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

I guess it might be swampy after the apocalypse.   ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Rick and Guy me ol mates Fred is the man at the top of the class 👏  ;D
Also Fred mate ..snow..mud ..snow and mud and slush ...sand as well is possible..ya never know  ;)

Rick Lowe

And copious amounts of Mashed Zombie Sludge...  ;D

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 02, 2024, 11:29:24 AMAnd copious amounts of Mashed Zombie Sludge...  ;D
Ohhh chunky bits stuck in places ya don't want chunky bits stuck  ;D  ;D

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on March 02, 2024, 11:43:16 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 02, 2024, 11:29:24 AMAnd copious amounts of Mashed Zombie Sludge...  ;D

Nothing a high-pressure hose and someone on Sarge's Sh!t List can't fix...

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 02, 2024, 11:48:42 AM

Problem is this ain't military..so it will be luck of the draw ..straws at high noon  :wacko:

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on March 02, 2024, 12:08:30 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 02, 2024, 11:48:42 AM

Problem is this ain't military..so it will be luck of the draw ..straws at high noon  :wacko:

I'm looking forward to the weathering on the running gear.  Can we expect the odd body part wedged up in there?   :wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..