Weekends work

Started by buzzbomb, January 21, 2024, 05:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Just got back from my model clubs "Modellers Retreat" weekend. We hire out part of a YPCA (I suppose that is the new term for YMCA) camp for a weekend. Kick off 3pm on Friday and finish up around 3pm on Sunday. How much time you spend at the bench is up to you, but it is quite easy to get upward of 20 + hours of solid building. A few bevvies, some tunes and lots of banter with a bunch of like minded blokes

So this weekend I took a few kits and really conquered. None of these were real bothersome high parts count, stupid engineering kits like Bronco or Gecko, just simple Tamiya, Airfix and the like. I suppose the exceptions were the DML M3 Halftrack, which is a conversion to an M5 with the rounded back corners. Even the Takom Sea Dart was quite simple.
All of these are real world builds.. well at the moment anyway  ;)

So this is what I got done during that time  ;)

All of these went together really well, the Airfix Ferret is great, likewise the Tamiya Archer, both fully out of the box. Of course the older LRDG is showing its age, but with a bit of TLC is should work out ok. Even the Sea Dart looks great once it is together and quite big once you plonk it near a reference vehicle. The M5 Halfie conversion will of course take a bit longer to finish I would think.

Another highlight was the first drop of the new Zombies figures I am getting printed for the M-ATV.
A bit more whimsical poses, not quite as "real" like the Royal Models offerings.

Old Wombat

Zombie teddy bear would be a chuckle! ;D

The roller-diner waitress (on skates) could make for a huge laugh in a movie (& may have already done so, I haven't seen that many Z-movies). ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Sounds a great idea  :thumbsup:

Quote from: buzzbomb on January 21, 2024, 05:17:06 PMEven the Sea Dart looks great once it is together and quite big once you plonk it near a reference vehicle.

I must admit I had no idea how big that was, now I know. It's massive  ;D  Thanks for the reference shots  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Looks like you have lots of painting to do now!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 22, 2024, 06:05:47 AMSounds a great idea  :thumbsup:

Quote from: buzzbomb on January 21, 2024, 05:17:06 PMEven the Sea Dart looks great once it is together and quite big once you plonk it near a reference vehicle.

I must admit I had no idea how big that was, now I know. It's massive  ;D  Thanks for the reference shots  :thumbsup:
I believe it's 1/35th scale Chris  ;D
And yes I've had ideas 💡  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Those missiles need a 1/48 cockpit installed!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise