The 1960's GB Vote

Started by NARSES2, January 22, 2024, 07:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Right after much prevarication on the part of yours truely, heres the Vote. Apologies.  You have a maximum of 6 votes

McColm's Ford Capri Mk I
3 (8.8%)
Dizzy's HMS Onager
10 (29.4%)
Dizzy's WT-105R
5 (14.7%)
Buzzbomb's Stingray
10 (29.4%)
Zenrat's Lightraider
11 (32.4%)
PFJN's Trabant 600
13 (38.2%)
Wardukw's A7G Corsair II
12 (35.3%)
Loupgarous Heavy Goods Locomotive
8 (23.5%)
Scooter's Londthyrian Confederacy's 1st Air Div
9 (26.5%)
Mat's Cessna 310
7 (20.6%)
Mat's Douglas D-557C
19 (55.9%)
Sandiego 89's FB-57F
17 (50%)
Glen Gilbertson's Folland Sea Gnat T.21
13 (38.2%)
Wardukw's M48A3
7 (20.6%)
Dizzy's Spanish Navy's Skyhawk
8 (23.5%)
The Chao's T-62 Target representation Leopard
6 (17.6%)
PR19 Kit's Scimitar FB 2
25 (73.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: July 08, 2024, 06:42:13 AM

kerick

Yes, the choices were difficult. But that's always the case with so many great imaginations and skills on this site!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

perttime

What?!?!
The onea I voted for are not winning???? Come on....

zenrat

Quote from: perttime on July 03, 2024, 05:42:30 AMWhat?!?!
The onea I voted for are not winning...

Story of my life...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Couple more days to go for the Vote lads
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Gentlemen we have a result :-

In third place with 17 Votes is Sandiego 89's FB-57F  :thumbsup:

In second place with 19 votes is Matt's Douglas D-557C  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

And in first place with 25 votes is PR19 Kit's Scimitar FB-2  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

So well done to our triumphant triumverate and also very well done to all those who took part. The standard was very high and it was exceptionally difficult to pick those whom to vote for.  Very well done  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Congratulations to all winners - and a cheer to the mods to set this whole thing up and run it!  :thumbsup:

scooter

I'm just chuffed 8 other folks liked my 1st Air Div backstory and profile.

Of course I vote for my own stuff.  That'd be like the PM or President not voting for themselves in their own riding/district.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

I really am flabbergasted, thanks so much gentlemen.

I didn't think the Scimitar was THAT good, maybe the idea of it was good, but I wasn't sure about the model itself, but I'm suitably flattered, thank you all again.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Do I get the wooden spoon for coming in last place?

loupgarou

Congratulations to the winners, and to all contestants. Another very high-level GB. AND thanks to our effcient moderators!
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Weaver

Congrats to everyone, especially the winners and the mods - well done! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Glenn Gilbertson

Thanks for your work, mods, and well done to the worthy winners!

kerick

The choices were more difficult as ever! Thanks to everyone who entered and the moderators. Congrats to the winners!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Well done everyone.

FWIW Kit I thought your Scimitar needed longer wings.   ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: McColm on July 09, 2024, 09:12:58 AMDo I get the wooden spoon for coming in last place?

No  ;D  You get a  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  for completing something though  ;D