The 1960's GB Vote

Started by NARSES2, January 22, 2024, 07:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Right after much prevarication on the part of yours truely, heres the Vote. Apologies.  You have a maximum of 6 votes

McColm's Ford Capri Mk I
3 (8.8%)
Dizzy's HMS Onager
10 (29.4%)
Dizzy's WT-105R
5 (14.7%)
Buzzbomb's Stingray
10 (29.4%)
Zenrat's Lightraider
11 (32.4%)
PFJN's Trabant 600
13 (38.2%)
Wardukw's A7G Corsair II
12 (35.3%)
Loupgarous Heavy Goods Locomotive
8 (23.5%)
Scooter's Londthyrian Confederacy's 1st Air Div
9 (26.5%)
Mat's Cessna 310
7 (20.6%)
Mat's Douglas D-557C
19 (55.9%)
Sandiego 89's FB-57F
17 (50%)
Glen Gilbertson's Folland Sea Gnat T.21
13 (38.2%)
Wardukw's M48A3
7 (20.6%)
Dizzy's Spanish Navy's Skyhawk
8 (23.5%)
The Chao's T-62 Target representation Leopard
6 (17.6%)
PR19 Kit's Scimitar FB 2
25 (73.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: July 08, 2024, 06:42:13 AM

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on July 10, 2024, 04:46:51 AMWell done everyone.

FWIW Kit I thought your Scimitar needed longer wings.   ;)

That'll be the FB.3
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 10, 2024, 04:46:51 AMFWIW Kit I thought your Scimitar needed longer wings.   ;)

It HAS got longer wings!  :o

The RAF didn't want anything to do with that new fangled flap blowing that the FAA Scimitars had, so they dispensed with it and added a few feet to each wingtip. They had ginormous runways to fly from anyway, not those piddling little decks the Navy used.

(It's in the backstory somewhere.........)

[Later] AND there's pics of the extensions earlier in the build.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

They might well be longer, but are they long enough?   :unsure:  :unsure:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 10, 2024, 10:05:30 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 10, 2024, 04:46:51 AMFWIW Kit I thought your Scimitar needed longer wings.   ;)

It HAS got longer wings!  :o

The RAF didn't want anything to do with that new fangled flap blowing that the FAA Scimitars had, so they dispensed with it and added a few feet to each wingtip. They had ginormous runways to fly from anyway, not those piddling little decks the Navy used.

(It's in the backstory somewhere.........)

Y'know, thinking about it, a Scimitar fuselage with long straight wings would make a credible replacement for the Meteor PR.19s. Lots more thrust than the Hunter and twin-engined safety on long flights too.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on July 11, 2024, 05:27:34 AMY'know, thinking about it, a Scimitar fuselage with long straight wings would make a credible replacement for the Meteor PR.19s. Lots more thrust than the Hunter and twin-engined safety on long flights too.

Hmmmm, I was wondering what to do with my other Skybirds86 Scimitar too............

But where would the cameras go, the fuselage is all full of engine(s)?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 11, 2024, 06:50:55 AM
Quote from: Weaver on July 11, 2024, 05:27:34 AMY'know, thinking about it, a Scimitar fuselage with long straight wings would make a credible replacement for the Meteor PR.19s. Lots more thrust than the Hunter and twin-engined safety on long flights too.

Hmmmm, I was wondering what to do with my other Skybirds86 Scimitar too............

Elongated nose, which would also counter the shift of CoB with the straight wings. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 11, 2024, 06:50:55 AM

Elongated nose. You could put oblique or LOROP cameras in front of the pilot, or move him forwards and put a tall vertical one behind him. Pods under the fuselage or wings would be another option. Wing pods could hold cameras or SLAR.

The Supemarine 508 had straight wings (and a V-tail!  :wub: ) on pretty much the same fuselage, so it can't be out of the question. As an alternative, you could do what I did with the HAT and put scaleorama'd swept airliner wings on it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sandiego89

Well done everyone!

Glad the Canberra interceptor achieved a podium. Thank you. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PFJN

Thanks everyone for all the upvotes for my build.  It was a lot more than I was hoping for given all the great competition  <_<

Pat

NARSES2

Quote from: PFJN on July 13, 2024, 10:34:22 AMThanks everyone for all the upvotes for my build.  It was a lot more than I was hoping for given all the great competition  <_<

Pat

Thoroughly deserved Pat  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.