1960's GB The Rules

Started by NARSES2, January 22, 2024, 07:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

In practice the 3 door Estates were a disaster as the Hydrolastic suspension meant that any heavy loads in the back would result in the headlights printing at the clouds!

They made a van version too, just like a Traveller but with the windows filled in and no rear seats. Luckily sanity prevailed before they put them on the market and the entire production run were used as internal transports at Cowley or Longbridge, all of them painted that awful dull orange colour so beloved by BMC.

Some vans may have escaped into the world after BMC were sold to BL, but they were never sold through dealers.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 19, 2024, 03:34:55 PMIn practice the 3 door Estates were a disaster as the Hydrolastic suspension meant that any heavy loads in the back would result in the headlights printing at the clouds!

They made a van version too, just like a Traveller but with the windows filled in and no rear seats. Luckily sanity prevailed before they put them on the market and the entire production run were used as internal transports at Cowley or Longbridge, all of them painted that awful dull orange colour so beloved by BMC.

Some vans may have escaped into the world after BMC were sold to BL, but they were never sold through dealers.
Thanks for the information Kit.

zenrat

Hello mods.

Can I build a representation of an aircraft from a WW2 movie that might have been filmed during the 1960's?

Let us say (for example - this is not my idea but it asks the question) that in 1965 Hammer studios decided to make a movie about how Guy Gibson (Alec Guinness) brought an end to the war by dropping a nuclear bomb onto Japan from a Lancaster.  The build would be of a Lancaster carrying the Fat Boy bomb.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

A question for the mods, concerning my articulated locomotive build (not yet started), seen here:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=32877.0
IF the hypothesis is that this locomotive series had been put together in the sixties, from existing older locos (like the swiss BLS did in real life, BTW) and the history is tweaked accordingly, would the build be admissible here?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 24, 2024, 08:47:35 PMHello mods.

Can I build a representation of an aircraft from a WW2 movie that might have been filmed during the 1960's?

Let us say (for example - this is not my idea but it asks the question) that in 1965 Hammer studios decided to make a movie about how Guy Gibson (Alec Guinness) brought an end to the war by dropping a nuclear bomb onto Japan from a Lancaster.  The build would be of a Lancaster carrying the Fat Boy bomb.

The aircraft you are modelling will have been used in the making of a film in the 60's, so I would have thought so.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

crudebuteffective

Quote from: loupgarou on February 26, 2024, 03:54:38 AMA question for the mods, concerning my articulated locomotive build (not yet started), seen here:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=32877.0
IF the hypothesis is that this locomotive series had been put together in the sixties, from existing older locos (like the swiss BLS did in real life, BTW) and the history is tweaked accordingly, would the build be admissible here?

yep that would be fine and down to the backstory :thumbsup:
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

crudebuteffective

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 26, 2024, 07:33:03 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 24, 2024, 08:47:35 PMHello mods.

The aircraft you are modelling will have been used in the making of a film in the 60's, so I would have thought so.

yep that works

CBE

loupgarou

Thanks for the positive answer.   :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Thanks Mods.  You can blame Weaver for what is going to happen...

:wacko:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on February 27, 2024, 02:13:55 AMThanks Mods.  You can blame Weaver for what is going to happen...

:wacko:

It's what I'm here for... :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

You certainly are.  You get credits as both muse and parts supplier.   :thumbsup:
Fred

jcf

loupgarou

buzzbomb

Hi Mods, thanks for what you do in these GB's

Ok, does a 1960's TV show fit the criteria.
I have this - Stingray from the Gerry Anderson show of the same name

Running with a backup plan or second contribution

crudebuteffective

Hi All

As the end of the group build looms i am going to cut out the need for the usual attempts at bribery, online threats, hostage taking  and name calling to get a 13.99 day extension

So we will now end the build on june 7th at 23:59

CBE