1/35 captured Puma - somewhere in eastern Poland in 1947

Started by wacek85, January 29, 2024, 07:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

In 1947, somewhere on regained lands in eastern Poland, polish crew of captured Puma (one of 130 left by germans in ElblÄ…g) prepares dinner before some rest.

The Puma is a Italeri model, packages from Tamiya, the crew is from MiniArt. Trees and grass are Freon products. The decals are from ToRo Model. The rest from scratch.
The model is painted mainly with paints from AK-Interactive and weathering with chemicals from AMMO.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

wacek85

Quote from: TomZ on January 29, 2024, 08:23:46 AMLooks beautiful.

What's in the soup?

TomZ

Acrylic resin, Vallejo flat earth paint, tiny fragments of tree bark as a meat and dry red and yellow Vallejo paint as paprika. Of course gloss varnish on top  ;D

PR19_Kit

What a WONDERFUL model!  :thumbsup:

Love the use of the gun barrel to hold the soup tureen, and the fire looks outstanding!  :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Not sure the Tamiya modern equipment set back-packs are really period-appropriate, but that's a minor point. ;)

Otherwise, the diorama looks great! :thumbsup:

The "night time" photo's are brilliant! :bow:  :bow:

Hmm, soup/stew ingredients seem to be missing something!? :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Nice! You don't see too many Puma models these days. Fire and night shots are well done. :thumbsup:

Better watch the soup isn't too much like a stew, or you could bend the barrel...  ;D

Is this Post-WW2, or extended?

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

This is very cool 😎

It's a very nice bit of work on a very old model ..ive had all of Italeris 8 wheeled German machines as there different from building tanks all the time.
I do wish the wheels where better and strangely I've still got a couple of those wheels left ..two mains or two spares .

I do want another with the Pak40 AT gun but I'd replace it with a Dragon one  ;D
And if possible..the wheels with weighted ones.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

wacek85

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 29, 2024, 09:10:31 AMWhat a WONDERFUL model!  :thumbsup:

Love the use of the gun barrel to hold the soup tureen, and the fire looks outstanding!  :wub:

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 29, 2024, 09:12:44 AMNot sure the Tamiya modern equipment set back-packs are really period-appropriate, but that's a minor point. ;)

What I need to add to soup? I have no idea :)

No, backpacks are not period-appropriate , along with camp-beds but to be fair, I don't care, I'm not crazy enough to make correct-to-era ones :)

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 29, 2024, 11:11:59 PMNice! You don't see too many Puma models these days. Fire and night shots are well done. :thumbsup:

Better watch the soup isn't too much like a stew, or you could bend the barrel...  ;D

Thanks :) I thought about 1946-47, days after fall of Reich. 

Quote from: Pellson on January 30, 2024, 01:20:58 AMThat's really good modelling! What a presentation!  :wub:

Thank you :)

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 30, 2024, 05:38:12 AMTerrific piece of work  :bow:

Many thanks :) Yesterday I bought another german 8-wheeler...Luchs. Now I need to think about nice dio :)

Quote from: Wardukw on January 30, 2024, 11:32:17 AMThis is very cool 😎

It's a very nice bit of work on a very old model ..ive had all of Italeris 8 wheeled German machines as there different from building tanks all the time.
I do wish the wheels where better and strangely I've still got a couple of those wheels left ..two mains or two spares .

I do want another with the Pak40 AT gun but I'd replace it with a Dragon one  ;D

Thanks :) To be honest, I like rubber wheels in models :) Italeri kit is not overly complex and I prefer them to make whiffs instead of Dragon kit or new AK set.

Wardukw

Quote from: wacek85 on January 30, 2024, 11:41:35 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 29, 2024, 09:10:31 AMWhat a WONDERFUL model!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 29, 2024, 09:12:44 AMNot sure the Tamiya modern equipment set back-packs are really period-appropriate, but that's a minor point. ;)

What I need to add to soup? I have no idea :)

No, backpacks are not period-appropriate , along with camp-beds but to be fair, I don't care, I'm not crazy enough to make correct-to-era ones :)

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 29, 2024, 11:11:59 PMNice! You don't see too many Puma models these days. Fire and night shots are well done. :thumbsup:

Thanks :) I thought about 1946-47, days after fall of Reich. 

Quote from: Pellson on January 30, 2024, 01:20:58 AMThat's really good modelling! What a presentation!  :wub:

Thank you :)

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 30, 2024, 05:38:12 AMTerrific piece of work  :bow:

Many thanks :) Yesterday I bought another german 8-wheeler...Luchs. Now I need to think about nice dio :)

Quote from: Wardukw on January 30, 2024, 11:32:17 AMThis is very cool 😎

Thanks :) To be honest, I like rubber wheels in models :) Italeri kit is not overly complex and I prefer them to make whiffs instead of Dragon kit or new AK set.
Oh there simple kits for sure and quite soft on details but that's just a good excuse to wiffy it 😉
I'm abit of a pedantic turd when it comes to wheels...im the same with real cars aswell..the wheels can make or break a car or model .
Yeah I know I'm being picky but I'm getting old and we all have our likes and dislikes  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

wacek85

Quote from: Wardukw on January 30, 2024, 11:51:58 AMI'm abit of a pedantic turd when it comes to wheels...im the same with real cars aswell..the wheels can make or break a car or model .
Yeah I know I'm being picky but I'm getting old and we all have our likes and dislikes  ;D

FYI rubber tires are better to make them look weighted. If you drive in a little screw through tire to wheel hub you can even make them totally flat

Wardukw

Quote from: wacek85 on January 30, 2024, 01:31:54 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on January 30, 2024, 11:51:58 AMI'm abit of a pedantic turd when it comes to wheels...im the same with real cars aswell..the wheels can make or break a car or model .

FYI rubber tires are better to make them look weighted. If you drive in a little screw through tire to wheel hub you can even make them totally flat
Now that's a trick I've never heard of before mate and one I'm going to remember 👍
I've got hundreds of tiny screws so I can go nuts 😁
Now I wonder how many rubber tryes I have 🤔

Old Wombat

My problem with rubber tyres on model kits is that they deteriorate much faster than the rest of the kit &, eventually, become a sticky mess sagging off the rims.

OK, it may take 10 years to get there, but it does get there.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est