Westland Rotodyne Mk2 ++FINISHED ++

Started by McColm, January 31, 2024, 06:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

A kitbash using the Airfix Fairey Rotodyne, Airfix cockpit Mil-24D and the ESCI Boeing HV-22 Osprey.
The Rotodyne had been previously built with yellowing paint, no windows, the wings,rudder, and rotor were all separate parts. There was a crack in the fuselage.

Part 1

The main rotor stack has been removed, the twin tail fins from the HV-22 and the sponsons have been glued. The cockpit from the Airfix Hind D has been glued in place. Both fuselage halves have been glued together.
The wings and engines are from another V-22 Osprey kit. The original rotor blades used and PSR to refine the contours.

Part 2
The fuselage glazing are the windows glued on the other way round and then sanded flat. The wheels are from two kits.

A view from the front, cockpit canopy not glued in place.

From the back.

McColm

McColm

McColm

Rotor blades have been given a second coat of paint. The Nightingale just needs the cockpit to be detailed and the steps fitted.

McColm

Entry stairs and upper door hatch added with a few new decals, canopy glued on.

McColm

The final assembly.

I might return to this build at a later date.

kerick

That looks very different. It gives me ideas. 💡
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

Quote from: kerick on September 07, 2024, 08:25:16 AMThat looks very different. It gives me ideas. 💡
I've got to build a few more, maybe change the wings to something like the Lockheed S-3 Viking.

kerick

Quote from: McColm on September 07, 2024, 08:46:14 AM
Quote from: kerick on September 07, 2024, 08:25:16 AMThat looks very different. It gives me ideas. 💡
I've got to build a few more, maybe change the wings to something like the Lockheed S-3 Viking.

With or without the engines and rotors?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

Quote from: kerick on September 07, 2024, 01:07:49 PM
Quote from: McColm on September 07, 2024, 08:46:14 AM

With or without the engines and rotors?
With the Viking's engines