Scottish Nationals Perth 2024

Started by Gondor, February 01, 2024, 06:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

The Scottish National this year will be taking place on April 27th and 28th.

The usual location

Dewars Centre,
Glover Street,
Perth,
United Kingdom
PH2 0TH

Further information at http://www.scotnats.org

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

You beat me to it!

I have booked the week off work. Looking forward to this.

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on February 01, 2024, 12:41:33 PMYou beat me to it!

I have booked the week off work. Looking forward to this.

Thought I better get in first considering I live 33 Miles away from it so commute each day.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

If, as is increasingly the case elsewhere, the organisers are charging exhibitors an entry fee, I won't be there. Be charged to sit behind a table to look at me own models?  Sex, travel  and their mothers would be my immediate response.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

Quote from: Gondor on February 01, 2024, 06:31:58 AMThe Scottish National this year will be taking place on April 27th and 28th.

The usual location

Dewars Centre,
Glover Street,
Perth,
United Kingdom
PH2 0TH

Further information at http://www.scotnats.org

Gondor

Very likely the last time the show will be at this venue.
Perth & kinross council have announced the closure of the Dewars. Origanaly slated to be closed before the show date, but according to the blurb on the shows web page this has now been put back to September.
There have been some rumblings about closing down the centre for a few years, so not that much of a supprise realy.

We have the usual space booked and paid for. I have ordered a number of wristbands, any one who has one will need to pay the required fee to cover the cost to the SIG. The cost of the tables has been covered for the most part from the small events fund held for such costs. My thanks to those who donated at Telford last year. You know who you are  :thumbsup:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Because of various changes in circumstances I might be able to get to this, this year ? Need to have a good good look once I get a big family wedding out of the way
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 02, 2024, 06:34:41 AMBecause of various changes in circumstances I might be able to get to this, this year ? Need to have a good good look once I get a big family wedding out of the way

That would be great if you could.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

I may get there too, other life areas allowing. I enjoyed it two years ago.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Been looking at the logistics for this and for 4 days, 2 of which would be traveling, I'm looking at near £500. Bearing in mind the journey would knacker me it's not looking that likely  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Just under a week to go.

I have Jaffa Cakes and a packet of Lemon Puffs in stock for this year.

Gondor

Nick

I have started packing my bags and have a model or two to finish. Don't Panic...

I have also booked to visit the Scone of Stone in the new Perth Museum . Martin and Joe will recall the building site opposite the bar we sat outside last year - that was the Civic Hall which has been rebuilt.

After the show I plan on spending a few days climbing some mountains if the weather is good. On the way home I plan on visiting the Dumfries Aviation Museum and hopefully the Solway Aviation Museum.

The Wooksta!

Tyneside as a club is not going and from what I've heard several other clubs have dropped out too.

Why?  The policy of charging exhibitors for both tables and entry.  It isn't cheap to get to Perth, more cost if you're stopping overnight, and then you're charged more than your average punter just rocking up to have a look round.

If other shows follow the same route, I can see a lot more people voting with their wallets.  If you piss off enough exhibitors, you don't have a show.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

I can't believe they do that.  It's idiotic behaviour.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

My chaotic life has worked out in such a way that I won't be able to make it to Perth again, darn it.

But some you win, some you lose.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 21, 2024, 08:35:02 AMMy chaotic life has worked out in such a way that I won't be able to make it to Perth again, darn it.

But some you win, some you lose.

A shame.

Gondor