Me 262 heavy racecar

Started by killnoizer, February 05, 2024, 09:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I have a part started 262 based three wheeler close to my bench.  I'll have to pick it back up when the current GB is over.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

killnoizer

Here are some pix of the day, a bit of sunshine came out of the clouds ...

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Vulcan7

Great looking build & photos  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

PR19_Kit

I can just imagine that doing some test runs down the AVUS.

And I bet I could have heard it from my apartment in Hohenzollerndamm too! And that's 2.5 miles away!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

killnoizer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 12, 2024, 02:52:10 PMI can just imagine that doing some test runs down the AVUS.

And I bet I could have heard it from my apartment in Hohenzollerndamm too! And that's 2.5 miles away!  :o

Hey PR19 , when did you live at the Reichshauptstadt  ? 

PR19_Kit

Quote from: killnoizer on February 12, 2024, 03:53:46 PMHey PR19 , when did you live at the Reichshauptstadt  ? 

That was in 1978, back in the days of the Wall.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

I've just had a thought! (I know: Scary! Right? ;) )

This is described as a "Heavy Race Car", which kind of implies a "Light Race Car" category, &, possibly, a "Super-Light" category, & the potential for "Ultra-Light", "Super-Heavy", "Max" & "Super-Max" race car categories.

Which begs the questions;

So, how are these categories determined? :unsure:

Do they all use the same engines? :unsure:

Does each class use the same engines? :unsure:

Do the teams use different engines but must comply with a maximum power output? :unsure:

What are the weight limits for each class? :unsure:

It's enough to keep a lad up at night! :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

perttime

.... and what kind of races are they? This racecar has a track and a couple of wheels. Where does that work? Also, looks as if there could still be guns in its nose. A Crimson Skies type of race but on the ground?  :o  ;D  :wacko:

killnoizer

If you can ad the factors of changing atmosphere and gravity  by global  and galactic circumstances  ,
that could be a very interesting discussion ! 

But we can simplify that ,  and take better use of our time .
  Just like the different versions of Formula 1 race cars over the decades , or boat types of great ocean races  ,
if you feel invited let's start a easy thread for racing  things like that , build them and invent the specific class of your build ? 

The first race tanks of my modell range were used right after the end of war , as the classic race tracks were destroyed by the war and the use of standard racing cars was not useful ...

And today I received a new ( old ) 262 kit in 1:48 , and it got a single jet engine within the box . That wouldn't become a plane !

NARSES2

I do like "No 12's" colour scheme in particular  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.