Airfix Rotodyne question

Started by Weaver, February 15, 2024, 01:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

I think the Airfix one was first out.  The Frog one was the one to have.  I've only ever seen one and the seller wanted £250 for it.  And that was in 1995...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

I've NEVER seen a FROG one, either built or in kit form. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I am following a build of this kit on Britmodeller. The builder is using the interior of a railway coach for the interior, including passengers.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

The windows are relatively large so something might be visible through them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on February 17, 2024, 03:33:52 AMI am following a build of this kit on Britmodeller. The builder is using the interior of a railway coach for the interior, including passengers.

Gondor

Please tell me that it's a really old railway coach, divided into four-seater compartments by panelled oak and art-nouveau etched glass, with leather buttoned seats and cast-iron overhead rack brackets... :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: Weaver on February 17, 2024, 05:10:05 AM
Quote from: Gondor on February 17, 2024, 03:33:52 AMI am following a build of this kit on Britmodeller. The builder is using the interior of a railway coach for the interior, including passengers.

Gondor

Please tell me that it's a really old railway coach, divided into four-seater compartments by panelled oak and art-nouveau etched glass, with leather buttoned seats and cast-iron overhead rack brackets... :wub:

Unfortunately not, but nothing to stop you from doing that as there are kits of that type of interior available.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Gondor

With First, Second and Third class ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 17, 2024, 05:47:42 AM

Gondor

And a sleeper section, of course...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on February 17, 2024, 05:42:26 AM

Gondor

Unfortunately not, but nothing to stop you from doing that as there are kits of that type of interior available.

Gondor

Might be more appropriate for the Revell one actually, since a) it's got a removeable side so you can actually see it, and b) it's about 1/78th scale, which is closer to 1/76th HO/OO than 1/72nd is.

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on February 17, 2024, 06:09:15 AM

Gondor

And a sleeper section, of course...

And mirrors in the centre of each compartment wall, and suitable travel destination posters either side.

But in the case of a 'dyne they'd be for Paris or Brussels or Amsterdam of course.   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I found the wreck of my Luftwaffe one yesterday. No props or blades and the undercarriage is smashed.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Apparantly the item the person is using is this set of seats.

Gondor

Nick

Those seats would work well in a Rotodyne packed with businessmen doing the JFK - New York Central run. Pan-Am, of course.

Rheged

Gondor

This reminds me of the horse drawn "Dandy car" that operated  between \drumburgh junction and Port Carlisle    https://collection.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/objects/co207792/dandy-car-north-british-railway-railway-carriage  Three classes.....|First class inside soft seats, second class inside hard seats, third class sit outside and get soaked when it rained...............I wonder, what would be the rotodyne equivalents?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Weaver

Quote from: Rheged on February 17, 2024, 12:16:16 PM

Gondor

This reminds me of the horse drawn "Dandy car" that operated  between \drumburgh junction and Port Carlisle    https://collection.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/objects/co207792/dandy-car-north-british-railway-railway-carriage  Three classes.....|First class inside soft seats, second class inside hard seats, third class sit outside and get soaked when it rained...............I wonder, what would be the rotodyne equivalents?

The same, of course... :wacko:
One shilling deposit per set on goggles and leather flying helmets for third class, refundable on them being returned undamaged at the end of the flight.

Re the Dandy Car, jeez, it wouldn't have killed them to at least extend the roof over the third class seats, would it?

- Indiana Jones