Main Menu

Whiffies 2024 Polls are up!

Started by TomZ, February 17, 2024, 10:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Cast your votes for the 2024 Whiffies awards

The polls for the 2024 Whiffies are up now. I sincerely hope I didn't forget anyone or missed a nomination!

This year 172 models were nominated, built by 55 different members. This led to 240 contenders in 18 categories. You will be able to cast a total of 55 votes each. The polls will be up until Wednesday 28th of February 20:00 CET. The polls say a later date but that is because I want to close them manually and not let them expire. The 28th of February 20:00 CET is the closing of the voting.

The award show will take place on Saturday 9th of March from 20:00 CET.

Let's all vote for our favourite models of 2023!

The Academy
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

perttime

Working on it....

@TomZ  I noticed that the images for buzzbomb's Churchill BARV are not displaying - neither in the vote threads nor in the build thread.

TomZ

Quote from: perttime on February 17, 2024, 10:45:38 AM@TomZ  I noticed that the images for buzzbomb's Churchill BARV are not displaying - neither in the vote threads nor in the build thread.

Correct. The link is not working any more  :-\  :-\ .
If Buzzbomb sends me a new link to the image, I will amend the poll.

TomZ

DogfighterZen

Well, got my votes almost done, just have to go through the backstories but that will take a bit longer... :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

philp

I have voted.

Another year of some really great Whiffs.

Thanks for keeping my vision alive TomZ.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PR19_Kit

I didn't even know there WAS a class for backstories!  :o

Voting's going to take a while, there's a LOT to take in!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 17, 2024, 09:14:33 PMI didn't even know there WAS a class for backstories!  :o
There were worthy backstories that didn't get nominated. Like, the Biggles story in zenrat's jet powered Airco DH2. But I'm confident that the model will win something anyway.

TomZ

Quote from: perttime on February 18, 2024, 01:04:22 AMThere were worthy backstories that didn't get nominated. Like, the Biggles story in zenrat's jet powered Airco DH2. But I'm confident that the model will win something anyway.

The back stories category was the most difficult to put together.
The main rule I used, is that there is only one nomination per builder.
That means that sometimes I had to make a choice between several equally good stories and it might be that anyone's particular favorite did not get nominated.

TomZ

Pellson

Quote from: TomZ on February 18, 2024, 01:24:08 AM
Quote from: perttime on February 18, 2024, 01:04:22 AMThere were worthy backstories that didn't get nominated. Like, the Biggles story in zenrat's jet powered Airco DH2. But I'm confident that the model will win something anyway.

The back stories category was the most difficult to put together.
The main rule I used, is that there is only one nomination per builder.
That means that sometimes I had to make a choice between several equally good stories and it might be that anyone's particular favorite did not get nominated.

TomZ

Principally, I could think that any backstory deserves its own chance, rather than just one/originator. The current situation is a bit as if only one model/builder would be admitted, and as that's not the case, I can't really see the reasons why to limit one category only in this way.
That said - I understand your struggle, and I would not want to change this year's setup. Rather, let's discuss this for next year.

And most importantly - as always - what an effort to set all of this up and making it work! Thanks a lot, Tom!  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

Thanks a lot for setting everything up, and the PM reminder!  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

Thank you for setting everything up. 
And Congratulation to all who are nominated, its been another case where voting was difficult due to the shear wealth of talent and creativity  on show   :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Voted.

Thanks Tom for doing all the hard work.

But why have we got until 27th May?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..