Fleet air arm TA-4 skyhawks

Started by chrisonord, February 17, 2024, 02:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

There's a good chance Xtradecal do those NAS markings as they did an Xtrakit Scimitar a while back.

Actually there isn't, I just looked and came up with nothing, sorry.  :-\

If the worst comes to the worst I have a set that came with my Skybirds Scimitar, and could scan and print some more...............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 18, 2024, 12:39:19 PMThere's a good chance Xtradecal do those NAS markings as they did an Xtrakit Scimitar a while back.

Actually there isn't, I just looked and came up with nothing, sorry.  :-\

If the worst comes to the worst I have a set that came with my Skybirds Scimitar, and could scan and print some more...............  ;)
Hello Kit, I am more than happy to purchase a sheet with some appropriate decals for my scooter tankers, I might do another yet. Cheers.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

jcf

The "Buddy Pod" was based on the 400-gallon fuel tank and it contained 300 gallons of fuel along with the refueling gubbins. The Skyraiders were setup to use the pod mounted on the centreline and a 400-gal tank under each wing. A boost pump was added to the system and Douglas produced a mod-kit to add the capability.

Info on Tommy Thomason's Naval Aviation History
blog:
Texaco - DT-704 pod

Gondor

Model Art Decal System No. 72/023 has 800B squadron markings. No idea if they are available at the moment or not.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on February 20, 2024, 12:23:53 AMModel Art Decal System No. 72/023 has 800B squadron markings. No idea if they are available at the moment or not.

Gondor
Cheers Alastair

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on February 17, 2024, 05:01:00 PMSeems fine to me.
A-4's actually did tanking with a Douglas pod, which Colin Freightdog makes in resin IIRC. Hose pod plus two gas bags plus a Sidewinder on one side and a ALQ-119 (ideally) or a second-hand ALQ-101 (what the Buccs actually had).

That would have been my recommendation, too. Asymmetric loads make things more interesting (and convincing!).

chrisonord

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 20, 2024, 02:26:16 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 17, 2024, 05:01:00 PMSeems fine to me.
A-4's actually did tanking with a Douglas pod, which Colin Freightdog makes in resin IIRC. Hose pod plus two gas bags plus a Sidewinder on one side and a ALQ-119 (ideally) or a second-hand ALQ-101 (what the Buccs actually had).

That would have been my recommendation, too. Asymmetric loads make things more interesting (and convincing!).
I have sorted the load out for it, a short version ALQ-119, on one outer pylon, and a twin sidewinder mount on the other. The build is in paint, so not far off done.