1/35 Articulated tank

Started by frank2056, February 20, 2024, 07:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

My eyes have gone funny...

:mellow:
 :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Jakko

Quote from: frank2056 on March 06, 2024, 09:01:50 PMThe colors seem greenish in these pictures
That's probably because you're photographing the model against a background of all kinds of junk. Digital cameras, and especially the ones in phones, tablets etc. do all kinds of processing on the pictures you take without telling you about it, and they're usually biased to balancing out the image colours and making people look good — none of which helps if you're photographing models against cluttered backgrounds.

Compare these two photos:

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

These were taken about two minutes apart, with the same iPad, the same settings in its camera app, the same lighting, and from the same angle — all I did after taking the first picture was remove the model, change the background from blue to white, replace the model as closely as possible as it stood before, and take the second picture. In the first one, with the blue background, the tank looks green, while in the second, with the white background, it looks brown. (For the record: the model is painted brown.)
... I know all this and more ...

Dizzyfugu

Looking good. Reminds me that I have a similar (yet quite different!) mecha tank kitbashing project on my agenda that I could tackle next.  :rolleyes:

Old Wombat

Major, there's somethin' comin' outa the woods. Ain't got no idea what it is, 'coz my eyes go all fuzzy when I look at it, but it's big, it's loud & it scares the willies outa me! :o

I like it! :D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on March 07, 2024, 02:04:48 AMMy eyes have gone funny...

:mellow:

I just threw my eyeglasses in the trash because they broke! Holy Crap!
Awesome job!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

frank2056

@Jakko - you're right. I think the colors in the camo and background clutter were throwing the white balance off a bit. I took some pictures in indirect sunlight and one in direct sunlight, before the model was taken apart for a gloss coat. The Middlestone looks better in these pictures:

I think I'm about 80% done. I probably won't correct some of the paint errors, since they'll be under decals or toned down by weathering.

Rick Lowe

and
:o 
(now I *know* I need new glasses!)

Jakko

Yep, the difference in colours in your photos with the varying sunlight and backgrounds is very noticeable. This is exactly why I prefer a single-colour background and artificial light :) Even then I sometimes take a photo of a model and it just looks completely off in colour, leaving me to try again with a different colour background (white tends to give the best results, colour-wise, but doesn't look that good overall, IMHO).

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Frank if you wanted to completely destroy the profile of that tank you did 😉
Mate all that effort was worth it ..epic cool 😁 😎
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

frank2056

I think I'm done with this one - I forgot to paint the coaxial .50 cal, so assume the barrel is internal.

The articulation point between the two tanks (and where the exhausts would be - I assume - since I didn't add any) would probably be an RPG magnet, so I added a shield in the form of Tamiya tape with some tulle cloth stuck to it, then painted:

The anti-reflection coatings on the two imagers/targeting on the turret are Tamiya interference material. The coatings on the viewports are just clear red over Molotow chrome:

Our French mechanic friend is pleased that the RPG shield is not pulled taut even when the two bodies are at their maximum deflection:

Thanks for all the comments!

Rick Lowe

Though he seems like he's not quite sure what he's found himself looking at...  ;)

Nicely done!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Jakko

Dizzyfugu

Cool, and very effective cammo.  :thumbsup:

Dug out the donors for my planned "next generation tank" build, but still uncertain whether it should become something realistic or rather an anime/mecha vehicle. Due to the overall oddness and the ingredients I tend towards the latter. I have to check if I have some suitable Dougram decals in store.  :wacko: