What to do whilst paint is drying.

Started by chrisonord, February 21, 2024, 06:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Yeah, the Hasegawa B-47 is a PITA from what I recall of my attempt to build it.

Maybe if the door is free you could try applying some heat and bending it a little?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on February 25, 2024, 01:28:26 PMYeah, the Hasegawa B-47 is a PITA from what I recall of my attempt to build it.

Maybe if the door is free you could try applying some heat and bending it a little?

Gondor
I think I have sorted the problem out. Don't take any pictures of the underside.   ;D I have put some different putty into the gaps now, and done some paint colour testing on it, and its main colour will be valejo neutral grey, which is similar enough for me to medium sea grey. :-X
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Rick Lowe

I had similar problems when scratchbuilding various turrets - I solved it by using thicker card and letting the glue dry completely before carrying on.  :banghead:

But sometimes you find that one thing that just won't work, whatever you do.  :-\

chrisonord

Here's where I am at with the MRB-47, it will have a revised back story when finished also still not sure whether to use a darker grey on this, or use this one as a weathered dark sea grey, as the white will be off white due to weathering.The tail cone looks something like now, after a lot of PSR,  and will have camera's in it.

chrisonord

Getting there with the paint now, the grey might need another coat, will see when the 3rd coat has dried. I have brush painted valejo neutral grey for the main colour, and the "white" is actually valejo silver grey, and it brush paints very nicely, and makes for a good "white". The RB04's are in paint now and will get an additional colour on the wings, either silver or black.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

Nearly finished, just matt clear coat and a bit of touch up, and.... take 4 mm off the outrigger gears :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  marvelous.
I am leaving them as is as its going to hang from the ceiling, and nobody will be able to tell. :rolleyes:

Dizzyfugu

Cool. The colors work surprisingly well.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Cheers Thomas and Chris. It has taken a while, but its something similar to what I wanted now. The outriggers caused mild toutettes when I put the plane on its wheels I tell you.

The Rat

As they say, 'as pretty as a picture,' of which we need more!  :wub:  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

chrisonord

Quote from: The Rat on June 10, 2024, 07:04:38 AMAs they say, 'as pretty as a picture,' of which we need more!  :wub:  :thumbsup:
I have just given it, and 3 other builds I have decalled a matt clear coat, which reminds me, I forgot to decal the messerschmitt jet bomber  :banghead:  nevermind, I will dig some out later.

loupgarou

Re-reading this topic, and having in mind the topic's title "What to do whilst paint is drying.", I noted that nobody came up with naughty suggestions.  :rolleyes:
It shows that we are all are past the "best before..." date.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

We wouldn't dare, not with Chris watching over us brandishing 'The Book'!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 11, 2024, 11:45:21 AMWe wouldn't dare, not with Chris watching over us brandishing 'The Book'!

And you know full well that that's just the impetus/encouragement some of us need...  ;)