Customising a Revell 1/24 N-1 Starfighter

Started by Madhatter, February 22, 2024, 01:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Sh!t happens! :rolleyes:

Concealing this last one makes considerably more sense than trying to repaint a section. :thumbsup:

Final fitment may be a challenge but, from what I can see, the final result is going to be stunning! :mellow:  :mellow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Madhatter

I'm thinking of some black racing stripes for this as well. What do you guys think? If I do, should I do straight lines or curved ones - like tribal style?

I polished out the rough surface of the bottom and it came out really nice. Its hard to see from the pictures as its sunny and shiny

I love how the red becomes so intense in the sun but almost crimson in the shade. Not the easiest thing to photograph though. My stupid smart phone camera keeps over saturating pictures, so I have to drop that and the temperature down so it actually reflects the correct colour. I think it's a Samsung thing...

Old Wombat

Personally, I don't think it needs (or even wants) stripes.

However, if you feel the need, I'd be inclined to "tribalise" some of the geometric Star Wars style markings.

For example:

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Madhatter

Thay was exactly what I was thinking.  I just need something to hide that bloody spot

Rick Lowe

That gizmologising was worth the effort!  :thumbsup:

The red Red RED is certainly stunning.  :thumbsup:
(why yes, I can say 'Ferrraa-rrriii'... why do you ask?) ;)

Do any markings have to be symmetrical?

Madhatter

No definitely not.  I was thinking about putting on a ferrari decal as I have some but I thought it might be a bit too cheesy. Maybe I was wrong ?

perttime

This reminded me of Claveworks fantasy racer profile pictures: https://www.deviantart.com/claveworks/gallery/26849511/fantasy-racing-teams
I don't think he made a Naboo Fighter like that.

A Ferrari decal would not fit a Star Wars theme ... I think.  Depends on where you want to go with this. No wrong answers in the whif world.

Madhatter

Thanks for that link  :thumbsup:  i liked the gloster meteor and the Subaru X-wing - they were super cool, as was the Williams Gnat.
I shall wait and see what these decals are like before I make any hard decisions. If they are no good, I have a backup plan.

zenrat

Coincidentally ("there is no coincidence" - Robert Anton Wilson) I took a 1/25 1966 Ford Galaxie (whiffed - it has Mercedes V8 running gear) to Monday's model car club meeting which has an offset racing stripe made from Hasegawa adhesive "carbon fibre" film.  This decoration was "forced" on me when I polished through the paint.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Madhatter

Thabks guys, Im glad your as taken with the colour as I am  :thumbsup:  My back up plan is actually looking like a strong candidate. We'll see soon enough I guess

Madhatter

hi everyone

Hope we all had a nice relaxing Easter break?  Not much to report on this one as I am waiting on some more paint to arrive as I couldn't stand that splotch on the front panel - so I stripped it right back and repainted it. Not the whole ship - just the front section

Did a dry fit of the engines and they do look good. I just need to wire in the filament but due to the complex way Revell have you put the whole lot together, it's going to be a challenge to say the least

Well, that's it for now. She's sitting on the shelf awaiting the new paint. Once that's here, I should get her finished pretty quickly - I hope. In the meantime, I am working on my HMS Exeter which I'm hoping to have done for Expo

Thanks for your patience and I'll see you again soon

Si