Customising a Revell 1/24 N-1 Starfighter

Started by Madhatter, February 22, 2024, 01:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Madhatter

Thanks guys. I had a rather unfortunate paint mishap yesterday.  I just finished putting down the final black coat and had it looking beautiful when one of the clips holding the body came off, sending the whole lot to the floor. Needless to say, I was not a happy little Vegemite. So I stripped it right back to plastic and had to start again  :banghead:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Madhatter

Not only that, I also broke off the very end of the tail. Luckily, it's fully fixed, but still annoying none the less. Just quickly,  does anyone know if you can spray alclad gloss black over Mr Color?

Madhatter

managed to get a good result using the Alclad over the Mr Color. No reactions with the paint thankfully. I have been burnt before.
Looks good. Nice glassy finish. Shame it's going to be coloured over

Old Wombat

That looks slick! :mellow:  :thumbsup:

Seriously, it looks like it could effortlessly slide through water, air, space & time with equal ease. :bow:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Madhatter

Good morning everyone! hope we are all well and good?
Things are progressing nicely. I have base colour coated the body and some other bits and bobs. Just one more gear bay to finish painting and then those will all be done.
My LED filaments arrived yesterday and I am really excited to try these out for the first time. I can already think of a number of projects where these filaments can be of use.
However, not to get ahead of myself and to bring things back on subject, I'll stop writing and post some pics
Starting with the small and menial stuff, the rear small engine nozzle has been masked ready for paint:

Speaking of said read engine, I have added a couple of details to spruce it up a little, but not a lot. I have also been carving out the space between the nozzle and the brackets holding it to give it more the appearance that it's being cradled rather than molded on I also added some left over mesh to the underside - again, more for aesthetics than function. You can see the shavings in the space it was talking about:

The cockpit gauges etc have all been painted. Just need to sort out the lighting and how I'm going to do it (still).

and lastly, the carby thing up front is also finished - not that there was much to do on it. I may still add some more hose to it- especially the bits on the side - they look incomplete somehow.

Now, I do have a photo of the bottom half of the ship in its base colour coat but if I share it, it will give away the scheme I have in mind and I don't want to do that just yet.

There is not much left to do build-wise other than the engines and wings, but I should be able to get all that done this weekend (built and wired - not painted)

As always guys, thank you very much for stopping in and having a look.

I'll be back soon enough with more

Till then, stay cool till after school

Si

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Not so easy staying cool in these parts right now.

Just had a couple or three 38oC-ish days, today is going to be 37oC, with Saturday, Sunday & Monday looking to be 39oC, before heading downwards from Tuesday (32, 30 & 28).

Definitely shades weather. :mellow: