Bucc-lightning-wing Mk1

Started by Vulcan7, February 24, 2024, 05:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

Bucc-lightning-wing Mk1 ....Two 1/72 Frog kits.... continuing my random lightning wings on everything series/obsession  (or how to ruin two perfectly good/average kits).  ;D ;D ;D .....

Not sure on a paint scheme yet .... obviously I need to build it properly first  ;D 

You cannot view this attachment.
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

PR19_Kit

That looks surprisingly plausible actually.  :o

How about the other way round as well?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2024, 05:56:01 AMThat looks surprisingly plausible actually.  :o

How about the other way round as well?  ;D

Nice idea  :thumbsup: , although I've already used up the Bucc wings on the SR.A-1  ;D

PR19_Kit

SR.A1 wings on the Lightning then, the sloooooooooooooooooooooooow version.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2024, 08:13:11 AMSR.A1 wings on the Lightning then, the sloooooooooooooooooooooooow version.  ;D

As opposed to the merely slow version: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49644.0
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

buzzbomb

Like it. The shape looks very plausible

Vulcan7

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2024, 08:13:11 AMSR.A1 wings on the Lightning then, the sloooooooooooooooooooooooow version.  ;D

Can't bring myself to slow a Lightning down  :o  ;D

Quote from: kitbasher on February 24, 2024, 08:53:20 AM

As opposed to the merely slow version: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49644.0

Great looking build kitbasher, (did you finish it off at all?)

Quote from: The Rat on February 24, 2024, 11:23:29 AMLooking good already!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: buzzbomb on February 24, 2024, 02:15:35 PMLike it. The shape looks very plausible

Thanks guys,  making it into a nice looking build will be more of a challenge.....now where's that putty...... ;D  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

stevehed

SPINNERS

Promising! What role will it do? Interceptor or Strike?

ericr

McColm

Vulcan7

Quote from: SPINNERS on February 25, 2024, 08:05:47 AMPromising! What role will it do? Interceptor or Strike?

:cheers:  folks

Dare I say both?  :o  ;D  :thumbsup:   ( I am now hiding behind the sofa  ;D )