Cozmic Scale Models

Started by Mossie, February 26, 2024, 08:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Cozmic Scale Models are based in the UK, saw some of their wares at the Leeds show recently.
They do a large selection of 3D printed Sci-Fi kits, figures and accessories, from pocket money prices all the way to :o.
https://www.cozmicscalemodels.com/shop

The usual suspects like Star Wars, Star Trek & BSG are present, but they do several less well covered shows & Movies, such as V, Red Dwarf, Oblivion and Serenity.

Worth a browse.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I've seen their 'Seaview' kit at Telford, and it's HUGE! Like 3 ft long!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

got some of the Space 1999 stuff at telford myself,  just couldn't resist  :o
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Rat

There's no way I would pay 400 pounds for a Ferengi shuttle. I mean, what if there's a problem with it? Remember the First Rule of Acquisition: "Once you have their money, never give it back."   ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Martin H

Quote from: The Rat on February 26, 2024, 10:51:15 AMThere's no way I would pay 400 pounds for a Ferengi shuttle. I mean, what if there's a problem with it? Remember the First Rule of Acquisition: "Once you have their money, never give it back."   ;D

I see you have the lobes for profit...................................

Ive had a few of their kits over the last few years for my 72nd scale sci fi shuttle collection.
including their Delta Flyer and BSG Shuttle (the realy big one)

They are good and the detail is getting better, but I think I will pass on the Ferengi shuttle for now. I spent enougth on a 72nd scale 3d printed AT-AT kit off ebay over xmas to get away with splashing more cash on the shuttle.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

chrisonord

I had a look at their stuff at Bolton too, some very nice looking stuff.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Yes I was looking at them at Bolton too.

The Star Trek shuttle range seems reasonably priced for resin, and they also do the Land Ram ground vehicle from the original BSG, which was a thing I always liked.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on February 26, 2024, 08:49:43 PMYes I was looking at them at Bolton too.

The Star Trek shuttle range seems reasonably priced for resin, and they also do the Land Ram ground vehicle from the original BSG, which was a thing I always liked.
The land ram could be wiffed into something else I dare say too, I had better not take a "proper" look at one. :-X
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on February 27, 2024, 02:04:17 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 26, 2024, 08:49:43 PMYes I was looking at them at Bolton too.

The land ram could be wiffed into something else I dare say too, I had better not take a "proper" look at one. :-X

Whiffing it into something else was the in-universe point of the vehicle actually. IIRC it was a "universal" platform onto which modules with turrets or passenger capacity or other equipment could be added. A bit like the current Boxer, in fact! Makes perfect sense for a Battlestar that can only carry a limited number of vehicles yet might need them to do any of a wide range of tasks at short notice.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Weaver on February 27, 2024, 02:53:02 AM

Whiffing it into something else was the in-universe point of the vehicle actually. IIRC it was a "universal" platform onto which modules with turrets or passenger capacity or other equipment could be added. A bit like the current Boxer, in fact! Makes perfect sense for a Battlestar that can only carry a limited number of vehicles yet might need them to do any of a wide range of tasks at short notice.

So... like a land vehicle version of TB2. :thumbsup:

Mossie

Quote from: chrisonord on February 27, 2024, 02:04:17 AMThe land ram could be wiffed into something else I dare say too, I had better not take a "proper" look at one. :-X

At the risk of twisting your arm, I can see that as a homebuilt cartel apc on a commercial vehicle. A few minor mods could make a cobbled together M113-alike troop carrier.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on February 27, 2024, 02:53:02 AM

In regards to the original TV series that had more to do with production costs and prop reuse than it did with any "world-building"
technology conceptions.

The show vehicle was built directly on a Thiokol Snocat Spryte, under construction photo showing the framework and MDF panels
added to change the shape.

More stuff here:
Landram - concept art and photos

Free paper models (1/32, 1/24, 1/18) here (scroll about half way down the page):
BSG Landram paper models

Weaver

Quote from: jcf on February 27, 2024, 11:37:34 AMIn regards to the original TV series that had more to do with production costs and prop reuse than it did with any "world-building"
technology conceptions.

Oh I'm sure the "lore" was retconned to reflect the vehicle they ended up with/could afford, but nevertheless, that was the lore that was.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Man, I wish I'd paid more attention to these guys at Bolton. There's some 1/72nd hangar accessory sets there that are for BSG, but they'd be perfect for another sci-fi idea I've had for a long time.

Also, Space 1999 Moon Buggies...

- Indiana Jones

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on February 27, 2024, 02:17:16 PM
Quote from: jcf on February 27, 2024, 11:37:34 AMIn regards to the original TV series that had more to do with production costs and prop reuse than it did with any "world-building"
technology conceptions.

Oh I'm sure the "lore" was retconned to reflect the vehicle they ended up with/could afford, but nevertheless, that was the lore that was.
"Lore" and "canon" in regards to film and TV sci-fi is
easily the most absurd element in modern popular entertainment. The hyperventilating bun-fights over what is and what ain't being particularly eye-roll inducing.
🤣